Battlestar Galactica

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Off Topic Forum    Page 1 of 1

Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:23 am PostPost subject: Battlestar Galactica
babcat
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Does anyone here like the new Battlestar Galactica series on the SCIFI channel? I happen to love the show.

It's interesting that their faster than light drive has to be "spun up." They never go into detail about how it works, but they have to "spin up" the drive to get it ready to "jump."

I don't know if their faster than light drive uses magnets. But the fact that Steorn's device would have spinning or rotating magnets makes me wonder if it could be used for propulsion.

Anyway, by the way, if any of you watch Battlestar Galactica who do you think or what do you think is the "god" that they Cylons claim to worship? I'm thinking it might be the devil.

Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:21 pm PostPost subject:
verticalvoid
Contributor
Contributor

Babcat,

Nothing quite that morbid, I believe. The show is a very intriguing (and dark) series. I wouldn't say that the cylons are necessarily evil. They are different than humans. Hardly makes them evil and to conclude that they worship the devil, well, that's jumping the gun. More likely, they've taken a much more scientific view to religion, i.e. order implies an intelligent designer or God.

Anyway, my roommate is of the opinion that Balthar is going to be incorporated into their religion as some sort of prophet. I can't wait til next week.

VV

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:45 am PostPost subject:
babcat
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Well, in Battlestar Galactica the humans seem to believe in multiple gods and the Cylons believe in one god. However, at the beginning of the series it was said that god told them to destroy humanity. Also, it seems that a non-cylon "angel" of god (the blond woman Baltar keeps seeing) is supposed to protect him so that he can do his part in destroying humanity.

I just don't see the true "GOD" telling Cylons to destroy all of humanity. If anything, it would probably have to be the devil. Because an angel of "GOD" would not be having all kinds of sex with Baltar. I honestly, think that in this series the Christians on EARTH are worshipping the TRUE GOD, the Cylons are being led by the devil, and the different colonies are worshipping no one because their gods are all false.

It's just my idea of what's happening.

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:20 am PostPost subject:
babcat
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

The most recent episode of Battlestar Galactica was very interesting. If anyone's not watching it I want to say it's a very interesting TV series.

View previous topic
View next topic