Axle manner - Axbo

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | General Steorn Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next   Page 7 of 8

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:14 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hmm i wonder what a coil would do buried in the center of a tcoil. I know they make cores for transformers that encase the windings.
If you look on Alibaba.com you can search for stuff that is not on anybody's shelf yet.

Mags

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:27 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

overconfident wrote:
Harvey wrote:

To help prevent this type of issue, perhaps you can alternate your pairs, N on top, then the next set S on top. This will have the tendency to deqauss the system. Things will be more consistent, but then you would probably only have a top speed of 350.

Harvey and I appear to be at odds here, and since we are both just armchair mechanics in this respect, I think some experimentation might be in order to substantiate our claims. I think what he is saying would be right if you were powering the coils with an AC current and using alternating magnet polarities.

But, if you are using a DC current and your magnets always present the same polarity, you can leverage the remanence to your advantage to increase your torque and reduce your electrical input requirements. The remanent magnetization leaves the core in a partially saturated state, thus requires less energy to resaturate on the next pass. As long as the core is not being degaussed with alternating current or magnetic fields, you should get better performance from a remanent core material. That's one of the "features" of square loop materials used in magamps and saturable core reactors.

You will have to take care not to allow a reverse current to flow in your coils (redirect the flyback spike with a flyback diode).

Use the force, Luke.

I don't think were at odds here OC as I agree with everything you posted there. I think we just have two different applications in mind, that's all.

In the occlusion motors, or attraction motors in general, we need the core to react in a very soft manner as this is what gives us the attraction for torque. It is all based on the principle that our output power comes from that attraction and nothing else. Thus the input power is only a means to cancel any negative effects caused by back attraction. The theory is that it is possible to get more energy out than in because they are two nonconservative parts of the conservative field - or to put it another way, there is an asymmetry between the two parts that together make a conservative whole.

The whole premise hinges on the energy it takes to occlude the core compared to the energy produced during the applied MMF attraction.

If the core becomes magnetized, then it will reduce the ability to respond to the approaching magnet. But the question is by how much?

It would be extremely interesting (and important as well) to chart the curves of both factors. It is my thoughts here that there is an optimum advantage point where partial magnetization reduces the input energy demands while not reducing the MMF by all that much - a sweet spot. It would show up on a comparative graph.

So. . . to DC or not to DC, all depends on the parameters and the application. Also, it depends on how we are truly manipulating those domains. If they are moving full circle or are being bounced back and forth.

Cool

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:31 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

As far as core materials go, I don't know if I am at liberty to discuss the materials used by Steorn.

I have seen some material used by JL Naudine that you may want to pay attention to.

Cool

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:07 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:
Hmm i wonder what a coil would do buried in the center of a tcoil. I know they make cores for transformers that encase the windings.
If you look on Alibaba.com you can search for stuff that is not on anybody's shelf yet.

Mags

One of the things to keep in mind is that there is an internal and an external part of the solenoid field just as there is in a permanent magnet. When we join the ends of two horseshoe magnets what happens to the external field?

This has led some to think that the external field of a flexible solenoid that is brought full circle will react the same way. What do you think? When we compare the two we see there is a large difference though. With the magnet, the field is created around each electron orbit so that they are as small coils of wire. Each moving electron has its own field which encircles it. These fields all add up in a particular direction and give us magnetism. When the pole surfaces are brought together in a loop, the individual field around each electron orbit does not change, only the external path changes. With the solenoid however, the field is created by the wire coils around the core (even the vacuum is a core with a permeability of 1). Just as the electrons in the magnet keep their field around them, so do the windings of the solenoid. This will be true of a toroid. The B vector for the toroid will one way on the inside and the opposite way on the outside of the coils. This means in the center of the major radius there will be a concentration of flux. This central point will only represent a portion of that external flux that intersects that point. The same is true at the center of the minor radius because of the circular distribution around the inside of the torus.

Some of the TPU stuff touched on Iron wire coils buried inside of Toroidal coils as cores. There was some interesting stuff there.

I'm familiar with Gotoluc and his work on the RA circuit over on Energetic Forum. Yes, the timer battery needs to be excluded from the circuit to ensure that the extra energy shown is not being sourced from there. But there are also other issues with the measurement process which I will be addressing there in the Mosfet Heater Circuit thread soon. One of RA's concepts is to place a magnetic sphere inside a magnetic torus. She believes it will propel itself. I tried to explain to her that the torus would have a unidirectional field inside and the sphere would simply align itself with that and stop moving. She thinks the flux is in continuous motion and would drag the sphere along and that it would be suspended into the center, frictionless. Interesting, eh?

Cool

Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:08 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:
overconfident wrote:
Harvey wrote:

To help prevent this type of issue, perhaps you can alternate your pairs, N on top, then the next set S on top. This will have the tendency to deqauss the system. Things will be more consistent, but then you would probably only have a top speed of 350.

Harvey and I appear to be at odds here, and since we are both just armchair mechanics in this respect, I think some experimentation might be in order to substantiate our claims. I think what he is saying would be right if you were powering the coils with an AC current and using alternating magnet polarities.

But, if you are using a DC current and your magnets always present the same polarity, you can leverage the remanence to your advantage to increase your torque and reduce your electrical input requirements. The remanent magnetization leaves the core in a partially saturated state, thus requires less energy to resaturate on the next pass. As long as the core is not being degaussed with alternating current or magnetic fields, you should get better performance from a remanent core material. That's one of the "features" of square loop materials used in magamps and saturable core reactors.

You will have to take care not to allow a reverse current to flow in your coils (redirect the flyback spike with a flyback diode).

Use the force, Luke.

I don't think were at odds here OC as I agree with everything you posted there. I think we just have two different applications in mind, that's all.

In the occlusion motors, or attraction motors in general, we need the core to react in a very soft manner as this is what gives us the attraction for torque. It is all based on the principle that our output power comes from that attraction and nothing else. Thus the input power is only a means to cancel any negative effects caused by back attraction. The theory is that it is possible to get more energy out than in because they are two nonconservative parts of the conservative field - or to put it another way, there is an asymmetry between the two parts that together make a conservative whole.

The whole premise hinges on the energy it takes to occlude the core compared to the energy produced during the applied MMF attraction.

If the core becomes magnetized, then it will reduce the ability to respond to the approaching magnet. But the question is by how much?

It would be extremely interesting (and important as well) to chart the curves of both factors. It is my thoughts here that there is an optimum advantage point where partial magnetization reduces the input energy demands while not reducing the MMF by all that much - a sweet spot. It would show up on a comparative graph.

So. . . to DC or not to DC, all depends on the parameters and the application. Also, it depends on how we are truly manipulating those domains. If they are moving full circle or are being bounced back and forth.

Cool

Here is more to expand on that subject.

What if the core were presaturated permanently. Would the magnets be attracted to the core at all? Would one orientation be more attractive to the rotor magnet than another orientation?

Does having the core magnetized a bit lessen the magnet attraction to the core?

And if so, are we really getting a gain because we are giving the tcoil a so called head start toward saturating, even though the magnet attraction to the core may be less due to the core being permanently magnetized, thus lowering the torque of pull on the rotor?

There is a lot to be tested there. Axle is the first that I have heard of this criteria with these motors. Its worth the think.

It is possible that steorn is knowing of it, but if they are not, then I feel for the investors. Yet it could be a lil secret of theirs that was found naturally by Axle just hooking things up.

All these things make what steorn is showing so much more complicated than I think they even know. And I bet it gets a bit deeper as we go along. We will see. If the signatrons release the teragen nutrinos, then the Ipod will be able to run the world.

Mags

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:26 am PostPost subject:
bano
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Bravo Axle beautiful job Nice work Bravo

PINK FLOYD FOREVER
: from Bulgaria

Last edited by bano on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:11 am PostPost subject:
Axle
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Been up too many hours, need sleep, just a quick post.

[Magluvin's excellent idea, upgraded somewhat]
Reed-switch-pulse-timing-adjustment-magnet [weak alnico magnet] inside friction fit slotted plastic tubing. ADJUSTABLE. No more 'Mylow superglued' into one spot.

----------------
-----------------------------
----------------------------------------

Last edited by Axle on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:33 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:

What if the core were presaturated permanently. Would the magnets be attracted to the core at all? Would one orientation be more attractive to the rotor magnet than another orientation?

Does having the core magnetized a bit lessen the magnet attraction to the core?

And if so, are we really getting a gain because we are giving the tcoil a so called head start toward saturating, even though the magnet attraction to the core may be less due to the core being permanently magnetized, thus lowering the torque of pull on the rotor?

Mags,

Here's a generic permeability vs. saturation diagram. It will look a bit different for different materials, but the general shape is the same:

As you can see, permeability starts off at a low level and increases as the B field increases ... up to a point where permeability starts to rapidly fall. When permeability is at its minimum, the material will not accept any more flux than the surrounding air.

This does not necessarily mean there is no attractive force, that also depends on the polarity. If you take a nail and place the head on a neo magnet, the nail will become a temporary magnet when it is saturated but will still be strongly attracted to the magnet. Using a coil with a toroid, though, the field will be oriented so the poles are contained within the core itself, so will not be presenting an attractive pole to a nearby magnet.

If the toroidal core is on the saturation side of that permeability curve, it will be attracted to an external magnet less and less as it becomes more saturated. But when the power is removed from the coil, a remanent material will retain some of its magnetism and return to a position high on that permeability curve, and will be highly attractive.

A passing PM will still be highly attracted to the core ... and as it influences the core, the core's domains will rotate to an even more favorable orientation, increasing the attractive forces even more.

For a saturation device of this nature, the best place to be when the magnets are farthest from the core is at the top of that permeability curve. The best place when the magnets are closest is at the bottom. It's probably not practical to achieve full saturation, it takes too much power. So the best compromise we can hope for is to maximize the difference, max attraction as the magnet approaches and max saturation as magnet departs.

Remanence can actually help by leaving the magnet partially saturated, where permeability is higher than when having no magnetization. It also requires less input power to saturate the coil. See the Naudin and TK experiments (and even Gotoluc) with external magnets to see what I mean. A certain amount of magnetic influence is a good thing.

I tried to get Al to cut a slice out of one of his ferrite toroids and insert a small disc ferrite magnet into the gap to try a permanent magnetic bias. He never did the experiment. Remanence will do essentially the same thing, but is more fragile. Just a slight reverse current and you lose any gains remanence might give you.

Hope this makes some sort of sense.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:24 pm PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Thanks Oc It makes a lot of sense. ;]
I was just over at OU posting an answer to a problem some were yimmy yamin about on the subject of flux leakage of a pulsed tcore.
I had an itch to also say something about Axles polarity difference find. but didnt. ;]

Axle you should do a yt vid on that discovery. Not to become famous, lol, but lay it down as your find, as others will claim it if they get an ear of it at some point.
I think its a fresh find. Even put a dpdt switch on the setup to make it happen whenever easily. I dunno, was just thinkin. Its your baby. =]
it will get some serious attn.
Many are talking about bifi in the last weeks. And it is in many different subjects, not just orbo. Like its some kind of flu going around.
You may want to keep the quadfi on the lowdown for a bit. Or just bust it out like a free energy champ! lol
JL Naudin is banging out S2gen 1 month after orbonbon and claiming he invented it.
And its basically the same thing in a different orientation. And he is claiming cop 8 on some 10k ohm resistors as a load with 24v in while im running leds and lightbulbs in parallel on my output at 5v in. oh well back to the grind.
Mags

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:18 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:

JL Naudin is banging out S2gen 1 month after orbonbon and claiming he invented it.

's happen to me several times now. A couple times I responded with a kneejerk reaction, pointing them to earlier posts of mine that said essentially the same thing they were claiming. Most of the time, I just let it slide. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Very Happy

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:54 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Axle,

The simple test is to run your motor in reverse without changing any of the electronics other than the trigger timing.

If it gives you 300 RPM one way, and 400 the other then we can be reasonably certain the effect is caused by the natural preference of the internal dipole motion as outlined in my previous post because in this test the only thing that changes is the rotational direction of the dipoles.

Has anyone here seen Naudine's 2SGen 9th video showing the hysteresis collapse? It is interesting, but I do question whether the magnets are masking the reality so the instruments don't get a true reading.

Did I see a date on an old 2SGen drawing in the '90's or am I remembering wrong? EDIT: Nope, I am wrong. The 2SGen is circa Feb 2010. I think I got it confused with the "Toroidal Generator" from 1999

Cheers,

Cool

Last edited by Harvey on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:55 pm PostPost subject:
bano
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:
@ Mags,

I agree 100% with your last post regarding the timing of the pulse and the energy recovery. Thus from a 'recovery' point of view, the RPM is a very critical factor. Too slow, and we are spending input energy that is unrecoverable. So there is a tuned relationship between RPM and inductance that can be optimized.

@ All
To understand the cancellation of the CEMF we would need to accurately graph all of the induced currents in the toroid during a specific transaction. There are 3 EMF values in play, one each from the magnets, and one from the changing field produced by applied current flow.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
!!!!Steorn has found a relationship where these all net to zero.!!!"
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Cool

This night I try to translate on my language all was is important and serryous
Harvey,
Is this real? You not joke Yes?
"Steorn has found a relationship where these all net to zero.!"
Not Joke?
Harv if they are lie because they give a money.In my country peoples are killing some times for only one gumm some ime whitout any thing just for sport.
I believe You but to Steorn I do not known
Thanks and regards to You and to all

PINK FLOYD FOREVER

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:44 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Racho,

No Joke on the net to zero. To make a simple example: Imagine a solenoid coil connected to a load. Now a moving magnet passes that coil and generates current in the wires. Let's say the current is 1A. Now, we remove the load and we put a Current Power Supply in its place, but with opposite polarity. Now the magnet creates a +1A current and the Current Power Supply gives a -1A current in the coil. The two currents cancel and net to zero. This has to do with the CEMF. When it is zero, then the magnet can move past the coil with no negative reaction because zero net current means zero magnetic field from Lenz's law.

Wink

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:02 am PostPost subject:
Axle
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Harvey wrote:
Axle,

The simple test is to run your motor in reverse without changing any of the electronics other than the trigger timing.

If it gives you 300 RPM one way, and 400 the other then we can be reasonably certain the effect is caused by the natural preference of the internal dipole motion as outlined in my previous post because in this test the only thing that changes is the rotational direction of the dipoles.

Harvey, I'm finding that the trigger timing [reed switch] is very sensitive to being moved.
How about I just reverse the wires [at the breadboard] powering the coil?
[+ to -, - to +]
It's easy to do, and nothing needs to be physically moved.
[except the wires]

I have done this test [reversing the wires where they connect into the breadboard] a number of times already.
The RPM 'one way' is always higher than the 'other way'. [one Tcoil]

Edit: My latest quick tests [no diodes, no caps, just a simple loop circuit]
Reversing the wires. 900+ RPM vs. 600 RPM [with the new rotor and
one 'Mags multifilar' Tcoil]

It would be interesting to know if anyone with a 'horizontal' Tcoils set-up can detect this.
----------------------------
------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Axle on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:02 am; edited 11 times in total

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:15 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:

Has anyone here seen Naudine's 2SGen 9th video showing the hysteresis collapse? It is interesting, but I do question whether the magnets are masking the reality so the instruments don't get a true reading.

Did I see a date on an old 2SGen drawing in the '90's or am I remembering wrong? EDIT: Nope, I am wrong. The 2SGen is circa Feb 2010. I think I got it confused with the "Toroidal Generator" from 1999

Cheers,

Cool

Well here is my first showing of orbon.
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=8597.msg224009#msg224009

And i think my first yt vid on it was the same day.
Then everyone started actually doing it. =]

Its all the same thing. Using the powered toroid function to manipulate a magnets field within the pickup coil. same

Mags

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:31 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hi Axle,

The thing is, changing the power polarity nullifies my proposed test. The object of the test is to see if the magnets themselves are dragging the material domains in synchronicity with the existing polarity. In other words, is there is a preferential direction associated with material dipole movements?

An extension of this test would be to reverse both the electrical polarity and the rotor direction and see if the maximum RPM is retained. This extension would tell us that the material itself is not polarized but that the internal B vector of the toroid sets up a preferential rotor direction.

I predict that looking through the torus to the rotor axle, the internal B vector will be clockwise for a counter clockwise (looking top down) rotation of the rotor and vice versa where the top rotor magnets are N and the bottom are S. The opposite will be true if you swap the magnets for S on top and N on the bottom. This prediction should be easy to prove using your previous tests by applying the right hand rule to the coil wiring and determining the internal B vector direction.

EDIT: Also, it should be noted that in a Steorn configuration when properly aligned, the motor works equally well in either direction. However, this does not mean that "proper alignment" = "Optimum Performance". Most motors become more efficient when they are tuned for a given direction of rotation.

Cool

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:09 am PostPost subject:
Axle
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Harvey wrote:
Hi Axle,

The thing is, changing the power polarity nullifies my proposed test.

Harvey, I will see what I can come up with.
--------------------------

Magluvin, Naudin's been around a long while. He has 'star power' behind him. And a big 'fan club'!! Everyone 'borrows' one thing or another from someone else. Such is this Grand Internet !!! Maybe you can get him to throw you some 'credit' Exclamation
---------------------------
----------------------------------------------------

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:26 am PostPost subject:
Axle
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Harvey wrote:
Axle,

Alright,
I set-up the reed switch so I could move it around to set the timing for CW and CCW spin tests.
------------------

------------------
------------------
Test results...
There was no difference in RPM.
By adjusting the reed switch around to an optimal spot I could get it spinning up to 900+ RPM regardless of the rotational direction.
Five tests CW direction, five CCW. Minor variations [+ / - 20 RPM or so, but the reed switch position, if moved just slightly, accounts for that]
------------------------------------

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:24 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Axle wrote:
Test results...
There was no difference in RPM.
By adjusting the reed switch around to an optimal spot I could get it spinning up to 900+ RPM regardless of the rotational direction.

Axle, thank you for doing the test.

It would seem then that we can eliminate the core material as the culprit. If the core material had a predisposition, grain, remenance or any other polarity, the RPM differential would have surfaced on this test because by reversing the rotor direction we are essentially rubbing the grain the wrong way during the attraction period. Seeing that this did not occur in this test we can see that then material is very flexible magnetically and functions well as a soft magnet even when flipping the domains nearly 170 against the rotor travel.

Therefore, the RPM asymmetry you have witnessed must be a relationship between the rotor magnets and the wire winding. There must be something specific to the way they are wound or used that allows asymmetrical flux leakage that interacts with one polarity more than the other. This would also indicate that we do have some connection between the input power and the rotor magnets and that could be a bad thing.

To test whether a connection exists, place an ammeter in series with the coil and bring the motor to full RPM. Once stable, observe the current (your meter will automatically integrate the DC pulses into an average). While watching the meter, load down the rotor by touching it to induce a drag. If the input current rises even by a few microamps, then we know an unwanted connection exists between the coil and the rotor magnets. The rotor magnets should only have a connection with the de-energized core, not the coil or its field.

Because the winding will have an external field, we expect there to be a connection with it, however, we expect that to be canceled by the second magnet. Therefore, you may want to ensure that the elevation is well centered on the toroid. IIRC, TK has a video showing how to use a scope to adjust that to ensure absolute centering with the rotor. This may be where the differential exists.

Cool

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:45 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Well then we have 1 more test to put this to bed.
A test will have to be redone with the wires being reversed this time. And Just reverse the wires once while running that particular direction.

Mags

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:22 am PostPost subject:
Axle
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Magluvin wrote:
Well then we have 1 more test to put this to bed.
A test will have to be redone with the wires being reversed this time. And Just reverse the wires once while running that particular direction.

Easy enough, makes sense, will do [a few times].
Am out of time tonight, will continue this testing tomarrow.

Edit: It looks like CLaNZeR it getting really close.
http://vimeo.com/clanzer

Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:40 pm PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

This is a very important vid to watch. I have known of the cores ability to remain magnetized until the path is broken, but he shows some things that some may not know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLd_py1xTO8

Very good vid. Record it if you can.. Keepvid.com

Mags

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:52 pm PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Actually Axe, lol If you have a core you can sacrifice, if you cut a gap with a dremel, it would be interesting to see the difference. What this guy is saying is, when you have a closed loop core, if you put power to the coil then remove the power from the coil, that the field within the core will remain, until either the core loop is opened or the coil is pulsed in opposite polarity.

This will be an interesting experiment. I have some ferrite core transformers that I have unglued to rewind the former easier. But they all have a gap in the center core where the former is. If we look at a 60hz transformer, I see only closed loop cores. But the ones that I am finding these gaps are in operation 500hz and up.
His leds on the secondary, is an excellent way to show what the secondary coil receives from the primary coil, depending on the core if it is gapped or not.

Very good info to have .

Mags

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:25 pm PostPost subject:
bano
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:
This is a very important vid to watch. I have known of the cores ability to remain magnetized until the path is broken, but he shows some things that some may not know.

Mags

Thanks Mag here is my simple visualization
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24993218@N07/4436071927/sizes/o/

PINK FLOYD FOREVER

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:33 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:

Mags

There is something about "Flux Capacitors" that just captures my interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWlillTtlHs

Ok, on the serious side however - I think it is important to grasp the concept of Eddy Currents and Gaps. As well thought out and demonstrated as that video is, the author left out one extremely important fact - Ferrite materials have built in gaps. You may find them listed as mulitgap or polygap materials. Where lamination cores are necessary using silicon steel to prevent these Eddy Currents from forming, it is not necessary when using the various Ferrite based cores because the inherent gaps in the material are sufficient for thwarting the conductive loops. Of course these current loops have different diameters, and new materials now boast nanogaps essentially stopping all eddies from forming.

In the authors video, his materials support those eddy currents, and those are what keep the flux moving. As the flux collapses, the eddies grow which keeps the flux going, so it cannot collapse. Since the internal field is a function of the electron spins and orbits, if we do not allow them to revert they will hold the field (The cores remain magnetized). I doubt he would have such "Flux Capacitor" success if he used the Ferrite cores instead.

While this is true regarding the conductive eddy currents, the flux path is not interrupted. So from a magnetic perspective the toroid does keep the magnetic path closed. If it were possible to remove the H field from around the torus without collapsing it, then the torus would hold that magnetic value indefinitely.

Naturally this discussion refers to soft materials. Hard materials will hold the magnetic state even after the H field is collapsed to zero and removed. In this case, it becomes necessary to reverse it to demag the material.

I've seen a video of a very large dual coil setup that allegedly held its charge for months between demonstrations.

Cool

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:05 am PostPost subject:
Axle
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hey All,

I need to go into 'incommunicado mode' for awhile.
Appreciate all the input here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Need to assimilate / adjust / re-group.

When I have something of interest to post, I will be back!!!!

Axle

[feel free to carry on here !!!!!!!!!]
---------------------------------------------

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:09 am PostPost subject:
bano
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harv wrote:
There is something about "Flux Capacitors" that just captures my interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWlillTtlHs

May be these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=ap0PY6BTxnA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=DsVyR5VE-9c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=8AMXdMARaiA&feature=related

P.S.
Harv, Friend Please coment the my last picture in My thread "Bulgarian insight"

Please comment it -the last pic in my thread.
Thanks to You and every another here.

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=4047.3000
Thanks to OC for comenting:)))))))))))))
News:
Hi again Harvi, OC, Mag and the Axle, 1 forgot to write that Mr. Valeri Ivanov said, that in his machine is VERI IMPORTANT that we see the gap windage in video which showed us Mag post befor. And more: if we could invite DadHav us in our forum because he is very responsive and responsible. If again I something vrong soorry forinconvience.Please.

PINK FLOYD FOREVER

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:04 pm PostPost subject:
Droid
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Quote:

Hey All,

I need to go into 'incommunicado mode' for awhile.
Appreciate all the input here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Need to assimilate / adjust / re-group.

When I have something of interest to post, I will be back!!!!

Axle

[feel free to carry on here !!!!!!!!!]

Understood axle

my simulations ran into problems being a novice didnt help

good luck with the think time

working on a circuit to capture bemf here, will post when I have something substantial

peace to all

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:20 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

here is the circuit and a pic of Ossies motor that he just posted. Not that it has anything to do with orbo, this guy started this project as an orbo and as he went to add pickups, he decided to try pulse motors and found it to be as good as orbo but better.

He says the source battery never has to be changed and charges batteries one after another without depleting the source bat.

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=8731.msg233576#msg233576

Mags

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:03 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Axbo
Hows tings?
Im moving across town this week and after i get settled in im setting up a little lab for my self. I have just too many ideas and need to have a little focus on some strong ones.
I have a whipmag alternative idea that adds some coils and reeds to the mix. If you have a coil like from a 12v relay air core, and have it facing the stator mag, a reed timed off of the rotor will cause a timed pulse of slowing down the stator, causing a moment of delay as we have talked about previously. No batteries but just an easy control ingredient. Was just going through my stuff and my WM stators. They spin so good. =]

Hope all is well

Mags

View previous topic
View next topic