Leave the same way you came in.

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Off Topic Forum    Page 1 of 1

Fri May 15, 2009 12:27 am PostPost subject: Leave the same way you came in.
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

When I was young you could find me near a pool as often as I could possibly be in the summer time. This afforded me with many opportunities to experiment with buoyancy and fluid dynamics from a childs perspective.

Don't ask me why, but last night I had a flashback to something I did many times and have experienced many times in various ways. I think it was when I was watching a segment of LOST when Sawyer jumps out of the helicopter and hits the water. I knew when I saw that clip that it was not true to the physics involved. The wide shot just didn't have the forward momentum it should have had for an aircraft moving 60 or more knots. Then I remembered all those experiements I did as a kid with buoyant objects and I imagined that the same would be true of a man entering the ocean.

The precise phenomenon to which I am referring is interestingly related to the magnetic fields we have been playing with. Here is an example of the experiment:

Take a dowel (like an old broom handle, that's what I used alot) and standing at the edge of the pool, throw it like a spear into the water. There is an angle and force at which you can throw it, and it will come back to you. I'm not talking about straight down, 90, I am talking about something like 45. The same thing happens with surf boards that are jammed in at an angle, they come back out the same place they went in. Now, I have not analysed why, I just know that it happens. Personally, I think it has to do with inertia. The mass of the water surround the projectile is so dense and not moving that it offers a greater resistance to the buoyancy than does the column of water and air swirling in behind the projectile. When all the energy is sufficiently stored as negative gravitational energy (displaced water), then that potential energy acts on the projectile sending it in the opposite direction even though the force vector is straight up. This unique phenomenon cannot be confined to water and wood alone. It must apply to any relationship to a moving projectile and the field in which it enters.

The characteristic may well play a part in why magnetic fields can easily reverse the velocity of an intruding magnetic mover. Also, there is a force that can be applied to the broom handle, and an angle, that allows it to arc under the water and exit at the other end of the pool. And there is a force and angle that will allow it stop under water in a horizontal position and just rise straight up to the surface. Similarly, there must be forces, masses and vectors that can be applied to magnetics to reap similar results.

Mylows motor appears to enter, arc and exit the other side with a gain in energy.

Cool

Sun May 17, 2009 5:38 pm PostPost subject:
Trim
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately you can't really tell whether Mylow is faking or not on a 'Youtube video'

Sun May 17, 2009 7:35 pm PostPost subject:
chrisbis
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Trim,

Seems some MyLow vid's have been removed again- Anyone know why??

Cheers C

Mon May 18, 2009 1:40 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Trim wrote:
Unfortunately you can't really tell whether Mylow is faking or not on a 'Youtube video'

I agree, we cannot rely solely on a single video, or even a collection of videos as evidence. Something that lawyers may want to include in their defense cases when security footage is collected into evidence and the integrity of the law enforcement personel responsible for keeping it pristine is called into question.

I have seen sports plays that just boggle the mind when you get 3 or four different POV involved. The human mind has a unique way of filling in the gaps with what it believes is the most logical inpetrapation of the wrods or envets taht s__m to be mssing. Even when they are not even there.

Sometimes we may even get angry and see red, or be envious and see green as they say, but when we carefully look at what it is, it may be something entirely different.

I posted to Mylow that one of my hobbies is micro expressions and voice inflections and how they tell us what a person is thinking even though the words may say something different. If you review his video commentary where he says he is going to stop building and start answering questions, you can spot the micro expressions. There is a small shoulder shrug with his right shoulder when he says he is going to stop building. That tells me he probably won't, he enjoys it and even he doesn't know for sure if he'll stop. Then there is a micro grin when he mentions teaching. This tells me that he really enjoys helping others learn. Then there is a sharp squint in his right eye and strong facial tension, contempt, when he speaks about the skeptics. But the full on expression, almost impossible to prevent, is how he bows his head shamefully when he discusses the fact that he said he faked this with a motor. He feels bad that he used sarcasm against the skeptics. That, is a very deep character trait and it precludes an April Fools joke or extended prank. I don't think he has the character to hurt other people, and I certainly don't think he would do so just to have fun or glory.

The fact that he has withdrawn is typical of extremely sensitive people and is often misinterpreted as bipolar.

I think the ball may be in our court now Rolling Eyes

View previous topic
View next topic