Magluvins oven. Whats cookin?

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next   Page 16 of 17

Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:09 am PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:
Also think about this, lets say the bifi is better, then a quadfi should be better than a bifi.

I don't know. I was just visualizing the interaction between the spinning magnet and the Lenz effect of a bifilar coil. The coil could be shorted to itself for all I care. In my head, it would be very similar to the first Z video that was removed from youtube.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:33 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Ahh ok I see what you are looking for. I think shorting out the coil would not develop a reverse field after the magnet charges it. But, put a cap on the coil, letting the magnet charge the cap, then the cap will reverse dump back into the coil giving the opposite field to drive the rotor. But anyway, now Im down to the nitty gritty of what you are after. Again, Im not sure that is waht is happening in Z's setup, but Ill give it a go.
I made 2 coils tonight. 1 1/2 in. cores 2 in. long 100turns , 1 regs and 1 bifi single layer. Its 2:30 am and Im going in Johny! What I am going to do is your idea of shorting the coils for a lenz test. Ill do a vid.

mags

Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:59 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

well im down to 1 reed to keep the rotor running. The coils dont have much affect on the rotor shorted. It is the whip style rotor, I will try the poles out rotor tomorrow.
its 3:43 I gotta sleep.
the thing that i want to see after these tests is what these coils will deliver as drivers on the rotor. if the bifi field is stronger than than the regs, at the same volts and current, then any motor could take advantage of this type of coil. Imagine a dc motor that is 80% or 90% efficient, what would be the efficiency with bifi's. But tesla says that the coil stores more energy, so what might be the bemf potential compared to regs. we will see, when i get the monster reeds. this will be fun. man I hope they come tomorrow. 25 hugins. err is that bigguns. gotta have them to run my coils. if they are more than 3 amp rated, they will do great for what I want in the future.
Hey Harvey, the reeds Im getting are GE DR113. I cant find any specs for them. He said they are about 20 yrs old but new and in great condition. Ive searched but cannot find. do you know of any archives for old GE parts? Gotm for 12 bux shipped, couldnt pass it up for 25 of them. They are 2.57 in. long and the leads are thick pressed end solder type. If ya got any ideas, that would be great. =]

Magsleeps

Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:46 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:
Ahh ok I see what you are looking for. I think shorting out the coil would not develop a reverse field after the magnet charges it. But, put a cap on the coil, letting the magnet charge the cap, then the cap will reverse dump back into the coil giving the opposite field to drive the rotor. But anyway, now Im down to the nitty gritty of what you are after. Again, Im not sure that is waht is happening in Z's setup, but Ill give it a go.
I made 2 coils tonight. 1 1/2 in. cores 2 in. long 100turns , 1 regs and 1 bifi single layer. Its 2:30 am and Im going in Johny! What I am going to do is your idea of shorting the coils for a lenz test. Ill do a vid.

mags

Damn, you got the bug. I haven't stayed up that late since the early days after Al's demo.

The spinning diametric magnets, like WhipMag stators, are the key to my idea. As the magnet approaches the coil a current is produced, creating the Lenz opposition to that pole, but attraction to the opposite pole, causing the magnet to spin and the opposite pole to start affecting the coil. Then the process reverses and keeps the magnet spinning. The faster the magnet spins, the greater the current.

I suggested shorting the coils to themselves for minimum resistance and maximum current flow, stronger magnetic field. I know the coils I described are small and weak, but if the magnet spins fast enough and close enough, it will generate plenty of current to demonstrate any unusual effects.

Bifilar pancake coils inherently have higher capacitance than regular coils. You may not need to add capacitance.

I originally envisioned a WhipMag stator attached to the end of a pendulum, swinging over a bifilar pancake coil laying flat on the table.

OC

Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:36 pm PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

ok well when I think of a pendulum with a whip stator at the bottom and it swings, and a coil setup on the table, is the stator already spinning as it passes the coil? Or is it getting its initial spin as it passes the coil for the very first swing? It all seems to be an out of control situation. If the pen swings CW, the drag from the coil on the mag would cause the mag to spin CCW, probably only if the/a pole of that mag is facing the coil at the time.
I think I know what you are driving at but I need more detail as to true function when combining the pen and spin mag.
From what I got from that thread, especially toward the end was that you wanted to know if the bifi's lenz effect was any different than the regs. But Al went all high voltage, high speed sparking, transmitting and receiving.

From what I can tell, Teslas flat coil and a tube style coil should have the capacitance either way due to alternating windings in series. It seems that the flats are more high freq type setup, not necessarily for motor workings. But I will try some of that after the tubes. The single layer deal, flat or tube imho looks to be a pure function of the idea. More layers, that are not wound in a specific and meticulous pattern could screw up the voltage potential between windings.
Like in a bedini bifi, most just start wrapping till the no. of turns is achieved. But in a bedini, one coil is just for pickup and one for delivery. So the term bifi for bedini doesnt relate to teslas bifi. It is just a time and place issue there. The bedini could use separate coils for each function as long as the coils were timed properly to the rotor.

I have to go do some work. I have 67 lincoln that has a loose steering box and a bad rag joint that I have to try and find parts for. If I cant get the parts today, I will be back on this soon.

magchanic =[

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:20 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:
ok well when I think of a pendulum with a whip stator at the bottom and it swings, and a coil setup on the table, is the stator already spinning as it passes the coil? Or is it getting its initial spin as it passes the coil for the very first swing? It all seems to be an out of control situation. If the pen swings CW, the drag from the coil on the mag would cause the mag to spin CCW, probably only if the/a pole of that mag is facing the coil at the time.

The plan all along was to use a WhipMag style rotor, with stators mounted on the disc to interact with a series of Tesla bifilar pancake coils. The purpose of the pendulum was just to get an idea of the feasibility, TK with his Hall sensors and scopes and all.

The initial swing should start things spinning GW, but you might be able to get some different behavior if you spin AGW before the magnet gets near the coil. I have no idea how it will work out. It just seemed like you are set up so close to what I originally visualized last year.

Good luck with the Lincoln.

OC

Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:07 pm PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_SPxkKDGEc

A vid of a DIY reed switch to handle the current of these coils.
Will do comparison test vid this evening.

Mags

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:21 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkxRNhPG2sE

Reeds have arrived! Gargantuan! They are bigger in person.
Have not had time to play, but this just may make me be a baaad boy, and pull an all nighter. na cant. But I will play tomorrow. The bifi comparison coils are less than an ohm and the wee reeds welded shut. I got 25 of these, so to test for max load on them, I can sacrifice a couple.
Harvey, do ya think there is info out there to find old specs on these? GE DR113

Mags

Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:04 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

There seems to be a bug in the notification system for the new dot org version of FizzX. I have been busy and have not visited here in a while as it appeared most were busy with life in general, esp. OC. Then today, I get a notification that a post was made to http://fizzx.org/viewtopic.php?p=11274#11274, and after reading that I noticed that posts were made elsewhere today - then coming here I find that dialog has been going on for a while and I did not get any notification Rolling Eyes

Regarding the GE DR113 switches, I find no data on the net using Google, this is probably because the device is not MFR'd by GE but instead is replacement part for GE appliances. The appliance part number may be DR-113, instead of being the original MFR part number.

I don't know the data on yours, but here is a list of products that may be close:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Cat=1114199&k=Reed%20Switch

(Edited multiple times trying to get the link in there working)

Cool

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:22 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7QIpfSX_4Q

A vid of the reed in action. I am running 2 of the big coils in parallel with my regular green one. 0.4 ohm total load, and the 4 AA are at 5.13v running.

It was just some of my first runs testing the reeds. I like them.

Next tests will be the bifi comparisons, they are 2 ohm each and I made a 1 1/8 in. pancake (regular) coil of 28 awg. It was tedious to make, the bifi pan will be more tedious. But first things first.

Mags

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:11 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Thanks for looking Harvey. Other numbers that were on them are,
88-35
188-5
DR113
and a GE symbol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeqXJAcLw8c
As last vid but got it going faster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ0LYpMH41E
Added a larger polarizing mag and yet she runs even faster. Sick!!

Mags

Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:18 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeqXJAcLw8c
As last vid but got it going faster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ0LYpMH41E
Added a larger polarizing mag and yet she runs even faster. Sick!!

Them poles are switchin'. Looking pretty good for a powered device. What would happen if you get it up to speed and switch out the battery for capacitors?

Bifilar pancake with spinning diametric mags?

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:28 pm PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hey Oc
I will be doing some of those runs tonight. I made a pancake coil also along with the coils i had shown the other day.
Yesterday I had to just play with this thing and see what I could get. Some may say that speed is not really the goal here, I say otherwise. I never got that much from this rotor using the wee reeds. And the bat voltage is only down a few points running a 0.4 ohm load, This is all a good thing. Capturing bemf that is making 5 ohm 5watt resistors very hot to touch, and building speeds that I can grab good generating power from, I just may be able to configure an all cap, no bat setup.
This was my idea for the big reeds in the first place. Z got me into using low ohm coils and I went all the way. So the reeds, even if they cant hit freq of the small ones, really doesnt matter if the wee ones cant get enough work done. Hitting these low ohm coils at these speeds shortens the pulses to a point that not much current goes into the big coils due to the initial impedance to the on pulse, and a big kick back. Back on my previous setup, I was able to get a few volts across a 100 ohm resistor using stored bemf, but now over 2v into a 5 ohm load and hot, Im getting closer to what you want to see, caps no bats.

Z has a setup thats producing 2000v bemf that he is working on at this time. He just may be on to something. If he loads that into a cap bank and a load, there may be a lot of usable voltage/current there. He is still gathering HV parts to finish.

bbl

Mags

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:21 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Oc What is haps?
Check out this pic on this ou link. It shows a pancake coil with the secondary wound on the outer edge of the cake. Yea, the Mylow cake. Its a great cake. memories.
What if the magnetic field of the pancake is concentrated on the outer edge only? Each inner winding field is forced to follow the next on the surface and they all curve around that edge at the same time. I wonder what happens in the center? Dunno yet. Just saw and thought. I would really like to know what T used them for specifically.
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=5772.new#new

Mags

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:17 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:

What if the magnetic field of the pancake is concentrated on the outer edge only? Each inner winding field is forced to follow the next on the surface and they all curve around that edge at the same time. I wonder what happens in the center?

Mags,

Great minds think alike! I have wondered about the shape and intensity of the field of a Tesla Bifilar coil as well. Please read the entire thread at:

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6152.0

This is also why I suggested bifilar coils to you, when I saw some of the work you are doing. I think there's a lot still to be learned from Tesla's old tech. He may have been onto something big.

Keep up the good work!
OC

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:44 pm PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

TK most likely knows these things. His demo does not coincide with what I see in that OU pic. I have had no time to play, but my mind is always on these things and I get a chance here n there to study a bit. I should be back on things in a week or so.

Mags

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:17 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Has anyone read the Bob Boyce story at peswiki and what do you think about it?

Magmad

Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:43 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Man I tell ya, OU.whatever really is a cheese site. The link I posted above will not take you to the pic I referred to due to changes in the site. Does this happen all the time there? Im pretty much done there. I tried to gather some info from these freaks but I think its all bull and pucky.

Will be back here soon to try and liven up things here. Gota work.

Magshadit

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:57 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Thought you might like this OC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZjNbjhxgt4

Magluvin

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:55 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:
Thought you might like this OC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZjNbjhxgt4

Magluvin

Love it. Thanks. How's your spinny thing coming along?

... and Happy New Year.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:58 pm PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hey OC
I havnt been spinning lately. I have been working and studying.
Been studying Tesla. From what I get out of it so far, coils are coils, and bifilar are a way of eliminating having to add capacitors to reduce self inductance, which is cool but no magic there.
The magic is in the spark. I read Peter Lindemann's studies on Tesla and I have been enlightened. From what I have read, the aether and radiant energy is real. The effect was discovered by others before Tesla, but Tesla harnessed it, as did some others later.
Edison was into DC generators and when the generators were running, they produced a couple thousand volts. But it was when they were connected to the lines is when the effect was actually bad news. Radiant energy is a product of high tension dc released into circuits that would not accept the impulse at contact. When they would throw the switch, the radiant pulse would cause most things to be conductive and at times killed the person throwing the switch due to the dc flowing though the radiant conductivity to the person. This was Teslas argument that ac was safer all around. But Tesla was intrigued by the effect. He soon found that if he used magnets to pull the electrons out of the spark in the gap, it didnt allow any of the spark to conduct in reverse, as would normally happen, thus producing very strong radiant energy product. He called it blowing out the spark or quenched spark. At freq above 100us it was harmless, but below it had various affects that were in some cases invaluable and or dangerous. And he refers many times in the Colorado Springs Notes to the "extra coil". This is where magic happened in taking advantage of the radiant energy. And it is as said, an extra coil added in series to the circuits.
I have been talking to someone at ou that is showing me other ways of eliminating the spark gap with other devices. I am still working on that.
From what I gather, it can be implemented into the spinny things.
Actually TK most likely knows all this stuff.

Also here is an interesting article that shows promise.
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=4239

And I dont know about Harvey, but so far i think the eorbo is a farce. Its not what it was suppose to be, its ridiculous. Peter Lindemann has been teaching this core attraction and cancellation stuff for a few years. Not necessarily with toroids but the same concept. And actually some of their claims I am able to claim also with my motors. I dunno. They may surprise me, but I was expecting mags on mags. They are just running better AA batteries than me. lol

I gotta go to work

Magla Tesparkin

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:18 pm PostPost subject:
cloud camper
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Magluvin wrote:
He soon found that if he used magnets to pull the electrons out of the spark in the gap, it didnt allow any of the spark to conduct in reverse, as would normally happen, thus producing very strong radiant energy product. He called it blowing out the spark or quenched spark.
Magla Tesparkin

Lindemann has credited Eric Dollard as being a modern day researcher who has duplicated and validated many of Tesla's radiant energy devices.
Lindemann also has a nice DVD series going into great detail about EV Grays radiant spark device/motor something like a Bedini motor but with far higher efficiency.

New YT video showing a EV Gray replication! This is the best one I've seen. Lets build one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rFjrPo9mws

Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:54 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hey CC
Looks very interesting, but many questions are left. Is there any schematics on this that you know of? One thing I can say is there are no magnets on the motor, only electro. This is something to think about. If a rotor coil and a stator coil fire together and create motion, It makes me wonder the difference in bemf on those coils.
There seems to be a lot of sparking going on in that spark cage device. The purpose and how of that will have to be determined. I have only read the one article from Lindemann so far and it enlightened me. Do you have any further recommendations?

Lindemann really brings things out that I cant seem to find elsewhere at least easily.
In most of Teslas stuff, he seems to use air coils, and if iron, more in motors, LF transformers, or fine tuning.

Cool stuff CC. And all of this doesnt have me giving up on magnets, but the education of this gives me more perspective on them.

Magluvin

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:09 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hey guys. Hope all are well. =]

Been looking into the Orbo toroid invisibility effect and it appears this idea has been around for a while. But here are 2 vids that are good to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fer3gA4mP-c

Then this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJT_X_JfQcU

I love the little spinny things.

But I see something else. There may be no need for a spinny thing to generate power. Some situations it is valuable. But if it doesnt have to apply motion to something else like a generator, then Solid State is a good thing also.

I dont know if any of you follow my YT, But I got into the solid state orbo thread at OU and was hooked. I have made the Orbonbon. Its an easy to make flux switching generator. I am going to provide links to ou on the pics.

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=8597.msg224009#msg224009

It has now changed to having a 1/4 in cylinder or stacked 1/4 in x 1/8 neos in the inside core.
The inside core has 150 turns of RS 26 ga 3 layers, then wrap a toroid winding around that, as in the picture, but no longer using the red wire, enough to cover the inside hole surface in the bead, which will leave a bit of spacing on the outside.
The bead is the kind you find on computer power cords.

This is an optimum vision of this from what I have learned from it.

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=8597.msg224933#msg224933

I am looking for thin wall beads and the Oring mag to accomplish this one.

Here is my latest vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GlR7dNTs4Y

The 1/4 in mags, for this setup find the shortest path to the opposite pole, the inner bead causing the magnets field to pass by the inside of the pickup coil. When the Orbo effect is activated by powering the toroid winding, the inner core becomes invisible to the magnets and they switch their field to the outer core thus the path of flux is now on the outside of the pickup coil. Then the process starts all over This creates AC on the pickup coil that is stored into caps.

The toroid coils function is to only make the inner core disappear, it has virtually no affect on the pickup coil as in power transfer. It is only switching the magnets flux path from inner core to outer core.

I have it running at 3khz with a 556 timer and an IRFZ44 mosfet. I even got my lil RS ProbeScope on it. =] It does have some value after all.
I think my setup is crude but effective at showing the process works. By crude I mean it has much more potential than what I have so far.

If we find the proper elements such as thin wall ferrite cores, It will help to have their saturation level near equal to the magnets field, to avoid the field gathering to one side of a core so it will be spread evenly during a switch.

There are some other vids before that one but this one shows a good bit.

This is another version that gave me the idea

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8597.0;attach=41281;image

Neat stuff this flux path switching. =]

Magluvin

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:49 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@Mags,

All this saturated core stuff is interesting, but I think we'll soon discover it is NOT the Steorn effect, merely a means to an end.

When all is said and done, I think the Steorn effect will still be related to magnetic viscosity. The viscous effects will be a bit more difficult to leverage in a SS device, it's difficult enough in a rotating device.

Magnetic amplifiers and saturable reactors have been around for quite some time. I doubt you'll find any free energy from saturation.

But keep up the good work.

OC

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:33 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hi Magluvin, OC,

That little Gizmo you have there reminds me a lot of the early ERR drive coil and Dr. Schwartz's "Fluxing a Magnetic Field" document found here:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/noahsarkenergyresearch/files/

Of course the MEG, the ERR and others all share a common factor - changing magnetic flux in a coil. There are two ways to get power out of a variable density field. 1. move the field relative to the wire. 2. vary the density of the field surrounding the wire.

These systems do the latter. However, there is another factor to consider. When two fields collide, like identical waves crashing into each other, a standing wave results. The energy from each wave becomes added together and the relative motion of the two stops. So you get a big peak of magnetic energy standing in one place at one time - motionless relative to space. Some call these scaler waves. It is believed that scalar waves may tap into an electromagnetic pool of energy bring some of that back with them. Of course that is all hypothetical and would need to be proven. But it is interesting nonetheless.

Cheers,

Harvey

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:24 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hey Havey N OC
Oc, the saturation thing is just a reference point to work from. Actually I would like the cores to be able to handle all of the flux, but if the core is too big, it is possible that the flux may lean toward a particular area of the core which favors the shortest path. Unless things are perfect, haha, but if the cores were just a bit larger than they would be at full saturation, the flux will have no other choice than to try and occupy the core as a whole instead of lop sided, all in order to get that field across the pickup as even as possible all the way around.
Hey harvey good to hear from ya. =]
I just did this vid, what do you make of it. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES00DfhHH-U

Magluvin

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:42 pm PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hey guys
Sorry if what Im posting is off topic here, I just thought this would interest some being all the steorn stuff going on. =]

Well I found a discrepancy in my setup that has been leading me the wrong way. My lil black switch on my power board has some issues. Once I got rid of it my output went up. Im getting 16.7v across the 12v light bulb now, and my pulse width is shorter.
That switch came out of an led flashlight and I think there is a resistor in there or something. Freak thing. But a good thing I found that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2D16fnu28M

I had a vid before that that got 13v and then I changed the biasing magnets and a cap and adjusted for 16.7v

Mags

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:34 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Regarding the flux paths consider the permeability of free space or air. What shape does the flux take in air? Why are they not straight lines? How does the shortest path first apply? Does a higher permeability material change this curvature? If so, why?

Cheers,

Harvey

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:49 pm PostPost subject:
MADPROF
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hi All

I've been designing a magnetic flux relay which pulls extra flux into each leg of the circuit as it travels to the edge of the rotor. Now at the prototyping stage and have a couple of questions if I may.

What is the best material to use for flux capture, laminated steel or Iron ?
And can I join sections, or must it be continual circuit ?

Thanks in advance.

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development
View previous topic
View next topic