Magluvins oven. Whats cookin?

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next   Page 1 of 17

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:32 pm PostPost subject: Magluvins oven. Whats cookin?
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hi all,
I'm just starting this topic for my ideas and thoughts, because I may be cluttering other posts. Sorry.
I hope I can help in any way. Wink

AGW. I think I know what is happening. In agw, the side of the stator that is closest to the rotor I will call the inside, is passing the rotor in the opposite direction at very high speed. that speed really weakens any type of latching. So I am starting to really think it is the outside of the stator that is latched to the rotor. It makes a lot of sense. Between 2 rotor mags there is this combined , double bubble if you will, of N or S that could definatly pull on what is easy to pull on, or push, being that they are going in the same direction.

Man, I hope that all makes sense.

Any thoughts?

Magluvin

Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:53 am PostPost subject:
lostcauses
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I can not say there is a lock in AGW.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:02 am PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I think it's a bit more like surfing. Get the speed and the timing right and you can ride the wave. Get it wrong and the wave will either pass underneath you or crash over your head and toss you around a bit.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:20 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

overconfident wrote:
I think it's a bit more like surfing. Get the speed and the timing right and you can ride the wave. Get it wrong and the wave will either pass underneath you or crash over your head and toss you around a bit.

You are quite a visionary yourself OC

hehe, ok we have a 20 ft tall wheel with a surfer pivoted on top facing the beach and one on at the bottom facing the beach. a wave comes in and the bottom one rides the wave the top one falls back as the bottom surfer goes forward, rotating the wheel backwards. ie. GW

Now the same situation except the surfer on the bottom of the wheel is under water, and the surfer on top rides the wave forward. AGW

Very Happy

just visualizing

Magluvin

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:06 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Your double bubble is an accurate analogy where each bubble is centered at the pole surface. The two bubbles don't mix as they collide in the middle. Now, we also have two other bubbles on the stator. They too are centered on the pole surface. Now if you draw Al's geometry and place those bubbles there centered as stated, how do the stator bubbles bump into the rotor bubbles? Opposite polarity bubbles mix making an odd Y shaped bubble. Same polarity bubbles bounce off each other making the wave OC was talking about.

Another characteristic of the bubbles is their slipperyness. Not only do like polarity bubbles not like to mix, but they would much prefer to slip right past each other rather than try and push against each other. You ever try to push a ball in a straight line with another ball? Same kinda thing.

Now back to your wheel on the beach. Imagine you are on top of a 20' beach ball sitting inside one of those ball cage things that keeps you upright even though the outside is turning. The cage is balanced on top of the beach ball. Pretty soon the cage rolls to one side, but before it can be accelerated to the ground by gravity the beach ball starts rolling from the offcenter pressure. Now to your surprise, the cage does not slam into the ground because its being pushed back up by the beach ball. The faster it goes, the better you float there. Ok, its all imaginary, but you did get to ride the cage until the energy ran out. (Next thing you know someone will be trying to build one of those Mr. Green )

Well its a lot different with the WhiPMag. In that one you bounce from bubble to bubble. And if it hits you just right it will knock you back the other way...and back again for that matter. GW, AGW, GW or vice versa. But if you time it just right, you can skip off the surface and bounce to the next skip point and avoid the valley between the bubbles. (Thats the part that'll send you flying the wrong way, like slamming into an elastic wall.

Cool

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:24 am PostPost subject:
lostcauses
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

if the AGw stator does not have the momentum for two areas it will fail. One is the break, the second is the center of the magnet field between rotor magnets.
The first is easy to see were the second is an area not looked at, yet is is were the agitation (washing machine); wobble takes place. It is the reason angling rotor magnets also seems to help it.

It does not have to seek the sync to exist, we see in Al,s device. That is due to all the forces allowing such to happen. If there exist a lock in AGW, or a reason; it is the center of fields of the like pole to pole in the rotor magnet lay out. This is the area that will cause a flip back to the Gw direction if the stator does not have enough inertia (momentum) to carry it through this area: it will fall out of AGW. Two choices exist here. One just shear as in the stopped Gw idlers, or to reverse to the GW direction.
Note will post this in me corner also with some other rambling.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:01 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hi all, and I hope everyone is doing well.

Hey Harvey,
Yea, the idea of the 2 surfers on the wheel was just to illustrate my belief of how the rotor acts upon the stators to keep them going in agw. The ocean waves are the rotors fields in motion and so on. Just going on OC's view, except implementing my theory, in a fun, exagerated way.

The reason I called it a double bubble is, I see the 2 rotor mags combining their polarities N or S, creating a field of that polarity between them that is stronger than just 1 mag alone. So I see this area between the mags as a much farther reaching field than the area right beside either mag.
I agree with you that the two bubbles dont mix in the middle, but, there is a middle. And with the rotor mags angled toward eachother like they are, this middle area, in my mind, is possibly a very strong, or can I say a further extending, field area. This middle area is pure N or S compared to the left or the right of the middle, or closer to either magnet. I feel that the rotors field is grabbing the outer side of the AGW stator to help keep it in sync. The outer part of the stator is riding the rotors wave. And if you watch the strobe and slowmotion vids, you can just plain old see it.
The inner side of the AGW stator, moving in the opposite direction of the surface of the rotor, is just slipping(as you mentioned) by the rotor mags, kind of like spinning the rotor with a stator in GW, the rotor slows down quicker than if the stator was still and vibrating or held still. Slip slip slip... I like your word. Laughing
Well the AGW stator is doing better than that, it is flying past the rotor surface at twice the speed of a spinning rotor with a still stator. Talk about slippery
Now, I did say that the wave grabbing the outside of the stator HELPED the stator stay in AGW, not all together by itself though. In the vids I mentioned, when an AGW stator is in the bubble, even in or around the middle, I also see a type of slippery sync here. Very slippery, with a slight amount of sync. But I believe the over all mover of AGW stators is the wave affecting the outside of the stator, while the inside slips. Being that the rotor field has to reach that far out to enable AGW, it is a weaker state of connection, if you will. This can be why agw, with all that double speed slip, will loose sync before a gw as you move them further from the rotor. Agw is not natural. It needs to be coaxed, by a flick or some low rpm wacky chatter dance and happen to latch up. But GW would happen natually most of the time.
Now for the best part. OC got me onto something I did'nt think of before. When he said the word "chain", refering to the rotor mags as being linked like a chain, I lit up!
I had the idea that the GW stators, GW or still, were intermitantly affecting the rotors rpm, in pulses, which would affect the AGW stators timing and baring the acceleration effect, how ever that may happen. Had'nt got to that yet.
But the chain theory, which in my mind for now, is fact, tells a different story.
OC mentioned that the signals from the GW stators could be communicating with the AGW through the rotors magnetic chain. I said WHOAH. My earlier way of thinking is way off. We don't want the rotor to be able to make quick, pulsed rpm changes, this is not the best way to transmit pulse signals to the other stators. Even if the rotor material is very light weight, the pulses would be weakened or lost trying to vibrate the rotor. Effect, deceleration. Nada.
The rotor must be a tuned flywheel. Heavy enough to pretty much not change rpm speed of rotor in intermitant pulses from stators as much as possible, and light enough to have decent acceleration.
And now, I'm thinking more about the material used in the rotors. Does the material have vibration damping factors, that could be absorbing our precious lil pulses before the pulses get to the AGW stator?

With all that said, heres where I get dirty. Wink

Picture a standard settup, Gw1 at 10 oclock, Gw2 at 2 and Agw1 at 6.
Rotor is set where the Agw1, at 6 oclock, is right next to the rotor mag. If the rotor were to be spun CW, this leaves the Gw1 with a rotor mag aproaching its side, and the Gw2 has one that just left. So when the rotor moves CW, as the Agw1 gets into our double bubble area, the Gw1 gets a rotor mag pass, and almost right after, the Gw2 gets a rotor mag pass. 2 pulses from the GW's, while the Agw is in the bubble.
Remember the MIDDLE in the bubble? I'd bet ya a nickle that those Gw pulses change where the middle is. And very quickly, first a lil left of middle, then a lil right of middle. When a Gw stator is smack on top of a rotor mag, N on the gw close to S on the rotor mag and S on the gw close to N on the rotor mag. They cancel out of the chain. They break the balance in the bubbles all over. So this break in the balance of the chain Will shift the MIDDLE of the bubble. These are very short but I bet ya, smack in the middle, this is what is directing the AGW stator to be positioned to nudge rotor rotation 8 times per revolution. And nudge it enough to overcome Idlers, slippery friction, rotor bearings, wind resistance.
One of the first things I would do on any nonworking device, that is build to qualifiable spec. as many have, is add weight to the rotor. lil at a time maybe.
Also I would'nt neglect the deadness of a material. Lets say a material was resonant in some way, the possiblity in that resonance helping to deliver stator signals could be a beautiful thing. Like a bass reflex speaker system, the vent or port helps the system produce more sound at the resonant frequency, up to 8 db increase, without an increase in power input.

But dats it. dats all I got. lol I'm beat. gota goto sleep. Was here lastnight writing the same thing here, almost, and when i submitted it, I was sent to sign in and lost it all. Shocked It was 230 am. I laid in bed till 330 thinking that if I have to rewrite this tomorrow, it aint gunna be the same. And it isnt, But the theory is.
And I think it's a good one.

Night guys

Magluvin

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:03 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hey one more thing
It is possible that this chain breaking, middle of the bubble shifting, that it could be the shifting MIDDLE, that motivates the rotor, using the stator as a stationary gear tooth. Wink

This machine blows my mind.

nite

Magluvin

Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:24 pm PostPost subject:
Droid
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hmmmmm
As the Stator makes one complete rotation is its speed constant through out this revolution? OR does it Whip up and down in speed as it interacts with the rotor magnets?

Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:48 pm PostPost subject:
lostcauses
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Droid wrote:
Hmmmmm
As the Stator makes one complete rotation is its speed constant through out this revolution? OR does it Whip up and down in speed as it interacts with the rotor magnets?

Unknown. In the hsf vids I can only get a degree or so of variation, It does show though. I suspect it has changes in velocity as does the rotor. To measure such would be difficult. yet it may have to be done.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:21 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:

... Was here lastnight writing the same thing here, almost, and when i submitted it, I was sent to sign in and lost it all. ...

I've gotten into the habit of copying long posts to the clipboard before I submit, just in case. And if it fails, I even drop it into notepad (since I have pasted to God knows where in the past and lost it that way too). What's the old addage, 'Save Often'? Wink

With regards to the GW's shifting the AGW: From the middle to the center of the next magnet (equitorial pass as I call it), the AGW is embedded in a negative torque region of the cycle. If the GW's shift this flux via the rotor magnet chain causing the density to spring foward ahead of the rotor a bit then it would definately be assisting the momentum to shear through the sum of resistances. I think that process should be diagrammed to see that it is really happening. Then we could compare the diagram to the High Speed video and see if there is a small acceleration (or neutralization of deceleration) of the stator through this zone. You and OC may be on to a valuable clue there Wink

Cool

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:24 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Droid wrote:
Hmmmmm

The videos and stroboscopics seem to show that the rotor is fairly consistent once stable. However, we have mapped changes in the stator in the High Speed videos. What has not been done, and needs to be done is a relative comparison of stator speed to rotor speed during these change periods.

Cheers,

Cool

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:36 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:
What has not been done, and needs to be done is a relative comparison of stator speed to rotor speed during these change periods.

At one point I requested HSV of the initial sync and acceleration which shows all 3 stators. I think there is lots of accel/decel going on at that point, especially in the idlers/drivers.

Once the thing gets up to speed, inertia puts a damper on that action.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:23 am PostPost subject:
Yirkha
Contributor
Contributor

I did some analysis of the hi-speed videos back then and the rotation seemed quite uniform at first. But then I indeed found some speed changes (can you say "wobble", hm?), although much faster than I though.
>> reference + an image

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:43 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@Yirkha,
Yes, I do remember that. It goes along with Al's observations and comments of nutation. Thanks for all that hard work btw Wink

I also did an RPM analysis using the AVI program Al provided, which also showed acceleration and deceleration occuring in the stator over time. But I did not do this with the rotor as it would involve polypoint tracking that I felt would introduce too many errors. It would be much better to have the entire rotor in view and track both the stator and the rotor together to see the differential between them.

@OC,
I think Al did intend to provide that, I also suggested a wide shot HSV when Al was asking what we thought we would need. But when he went in that weekend to film the setup and process was so time intensive it consumed what free time he had left. If we could just get a couple more of these doing the same thing then we could put more time into the analysis collectively. Neutral

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:46 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Wuts happenin fellers,

Yes, more slow motion vids would be great, but what I would love to see is a non working devices AGW stator, and then compare that to al's vids, which we already have.
To do a slowmotion vid on an AGW stator, with idlers(working) and then without idlers( not working) would be priceless. I'm centered on agw, but a full view would be best as you guys suggested.

I used the magnetic veiwing film to look at idlers in motion and agw in motion.
The idlers have a not so prominant, smooth line between the stator and the rotor that gradually cups out from the rotor and fades. The agw stator has a very prominant area between it and the rotor that flashes like sparks of brushes on a comutator, and is mostly focused maybe a hair wider than the stator itself but does'nt cup out like the idler. Also if you lift the film higher, the focused area shows as a dot that moves back and forth, random looking. Neat to see though.
Would love to see that in slow motion on a working device, compared to a non working.

Robowhip has'nt done the deed thus far, but when tuning it, Ive found some great spots, that make hand acceleration real easy to go to very high rpm's, to a point of what you might get using a dremel. I am very pleased with that so far. I could'nt get the rotor to come even close to that by hand, with stators removed.
My rundown times could never compare to what I have read what others are getting, because my rotor is lighter. Pvc board I'm using is great to work with, easy to cut, sand, drill, but is full of air. Nice and rigid though. So I'm workin on some good, well balanced ways of adding weight gradually to see what happens before I make a new rotor. Even though I really feel my rotor is a big problem right now, I just cant jump to another level without seeing what is in between. Mr. Green

Magluvin

Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:35 am PostPost subject:
alsetalokin
Site Admin

The high-speed camera has a trade-off issue. It is capable of insane frame rates, but the higher the frame rate, the fewer overall pixels in the image, and the shorter the time captured--because of storage and bandwidth issues. (The camera communicates with the computer through a gigabit NIC). At, say, 40,000 frames per second, you loop through a couple gigabytes of RAM in a hurry. Still, it's better than the 35 mm Cordin, that took an hour to load, had a 50 percent total failure rate, took a half hour to unload, half a day minimum to get the film processed, and that only got you 256 frames. But at 35 mm film resolution. But all your action had to occur while the strobe was lit. Which means event synchronization was not trivial.
Another issue, believe it or not, is lighting. Even with advanced ccd imagers (actually I think this camera uses CMOS imager chip?) you need some light on the subject to get an image. At high frame rates the effective aperture is small and the shutter speed is fast, so you need bright lights, which are hot. I used 2000 watts, IIRC, at about 3 feet, for the HS vids--all the lights I had (well, there are some rather intense special sources, but we're not going into those now...)
So, to get the whole thing, rotor, idlers and all, into a picture with sufficient resolution to see anything, and at a fast enough speed to make it worthwhile, is just not possible with the equipment I have available.
The shots with the highest frame rates, in the HS vids series, are representative of the best I can do, in terms of compromising between speed, size, and resolution.

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:59 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hi Al, nice to meet you. Wink

The first ime I saw your whipmag vid, I thought you came up with the name as a shortcut to All set a lokin ,as to exibit the whipmag. Then I read later about the Nikola backwards thing. Thought maybe you would get a kick outa that.

One big reason I would love to see an HSV of an in motion agw stator without the idlers, is to see if the agw is at the same angles through rotation as a working setup or not. This would help a great deal in development direction. If they are the same or very simular, it would strongly lead me to believe that the actions that happen to get acceleration are all in the magnetic relm, and the rotor and stators are the stage. If you read my shifting MIDDLE of the double bubble theory, then you could understand why this would be helpful.
But if there is some physical motion and or agular differences, then I might lean toward mechanical phasing of the agw enough to push, pull, throw, bump, the rotor into acceleration.
Having this info is more of a direction to work toward, rather than a cure for the common whip. Most likely everyone making a whipmag would need a hsv cam to make adjustments on non working units, if they have working data to compare.

Hey Al, Please don't read this as a plea to make vids. I would love to see someone elses unit, in non working state running, and compare that to what you have already done. maybe even a few from different devices out there to see if there are any differences. I was just talkin shop with ya.

Thanks for stoppin in to the oven Al That was cool info on the camera stuff also.

Magluvin

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:09 am PostPost subject:
lostcauses
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

alsetalokin
Again I thank you for the vids. The time and energy you put in....
They are proving to be useful. If ever you can, get one of them idlers in motion and stopped,,,,

LOL I do understand, just me wishful thinking,

Now if I can just figure out how you got a shift in AGW and not on GW..... it is the action in the magnets crossing in the center field of the rotor magnets... (Note the center of the magnets).... ah rambling again....

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:36 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Ah yeah, that would be a good shot Lost, of the idlers when stopped. I tell ya lost, if the rotor acceleration discontinued due to not alowing the idlers to vibrate when stopped, I'd owe ya a few beers. Wink

Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:04 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I've been pondering a way to subtitute stators with electromagnets (3) eliminating bearings and magnets with different DNA just like us. But the way the WM makes use of the rotor may be key to using electromagnets and the rotor instead. Maybe.
Its just a fresh idea. And it relates to the Whip.
This arangement in theory would possibly use the power generated from the electromagnet idlers, timed as the WM would be, to energize the agw subtitute in the bubble to push/pull the rotor.
But the possible key to it is having the coils in WM stator positions. The amount of power that the working model whipmag produces to get any acceleration is small.

Exchanging the magnet stators for electrics, you would not have to overcome bearing resistances nor very strong field tensions. So thats less power that has to be produced to get acceleration.
Just imagine, no stator rpm cutouts. Shocked

Just thinkin. All day. All the time. Idea Idea Idea Idea

Magluvin

Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:31 am PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:
I've been pondering a way to subtitute stators with electromagnets (3)

Misses the whole point. Electric motors already do that. WhipMag is an attempt to do what electric motors do, but without any wires or external power source. That's the challenge.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:47 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

maybe my point was not clear, sorry. The arrangement I was thinking of was that the electromagnets are static, and the only power produced in the coils would be generated by rotor passes to the coils. Now outside influences. Possibly the 3 coils are connected in series. Maybe the coil conections can be thought of as a chain also.
no diodes, no capacitors. Just the inductors connected to each other. If it could be done, it would be a compliment to your idea, or possibly a development direction too.

Maybe I'm missing out on something, and I don't want ya mad at me.

Sorry if I overstepped any boundaries.

Magluvin

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:14 am PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:
... and I don't want ya mad at me.

Sorry if I overstepped any boundaries.

Passive coils I can see, but that's not what I will be personally looking into, at least not for quite some time. Feel free to try some things on your own.

My focus is strictly on the magnetic fields and forces and mechanical rotation. The only time I have considered coils was as a latching mechanism to retard or brake stator rotation.

Not mad at all. If you can figure out a way to use passive coils, go for it. I'm sure there are many here who will be cheering for you and may even offer some practical ideas.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:34 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I'm still robowhipin, different rotors, many many many arm adjustments, cleaning my balls, pun.
It was just a thought and I threw it down. My brain is just trying to work through the problem, at times it works past the problems.

I can only take a guess at some gigantic number that would entail the hours you have all put into this. Its hard to pull away from it. Like crack. lol

Magluvin

Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:37 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Love to see you always thinkin' Wink I had proposed that myself and it still can be a viable solution. However there would have to be a capacitor and variable inductor in there to adjust for RPM changes. The downside is that this arrangement has been tried many times over the years and the losses always prevent a COP = 1.

In OC's arrangement Magnet (and strong ones at that) are butting fields that we currently cannot create with a self generator system. The force of the PM's is greater and does not require an energy conversion (EMF to Magnetic) to make the force present.

But there are some possibilites for future implementation. Tinsel Koala's tests regarding bifilar coils may offer some improved generation with little inductive pushback. For instance, a HV low current pickup means smaller magnetic footprint while stepping that down to a LV high current solenoid can offer a push field at another location on the rotor. Now I'm just thinking ahead and my fingers are making a lot of mistakes. So that's it for the night for me.

Cheers,

Cool

Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:32 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hi everyone.

My Grandfather Ray was an inventor as was his father Carl. Carl had many inventions. Where I'm from there was a place called Rock Point Park in the early 1900's. Rock Point purchased a Swiss made Merry-go-round. Horses were stationary. Carl proposed and offer to work on it to make it better. He was well known there and proposal was accepted. In 3 weeks he had them horses goin up n down. Rock point had the first galloping Merry-go-round.
He also had a deal with Westinghouse for an idea he had for improvements to the airbrake. Before his valve idea was in place, trains had only one shot at using the brakes and then they would have to recharge before being able to apply them again. Westinghouse died short thereafter and the son and his lawyers took the idea and Carl got zip.

Grandpa Ray told me many times that his dad had 2 motors hooked up at the shaft, mind you this is in the 1910's, and the wires from each motor went into a box. He said then all he would do is give the shaft a hard turn and it would accelerate. There were many witnesses to the device. As word got out further, he eventually had visitors that told him they did not want him to show his device anymore, and further, started recieving threats. Ray told me that Carl disconnected the motors, removed the box and tossed it in a junkyard. At the time Ray did'nt think much about the device, he was young, and he had seen so many things that carl had made, it just seemed like another gadget that Dad made. A lil later Ray finally new what importance of such a device could hold. He searched that old junk pile over and over, to find out what was in the box, but never found it.

This has a lot of influence on my beliefs in being able to make such a device with magnets or even electro magnets. I think its all in configuration. From what we have all seen from people out there, we can definately say that there is alot of people out there that are sorta stuck to the same non working ideas and principals with preconceived ideas of a working model. From what we have all learned just from non working whips is a huge evolutionary step in permanent magnet motor design ideas. We have at least gone from moles with no eyes to squirrles. Wink

I was actually thinking of going bigger with everything, which would enable the ability to have things more precise. Imagine going smaller and hoping for better precision.. Rolling Eyes for a watch maker maybe. 1" by 1/2" stator magnets and 1" blisters. Mr. Green Or broken fingers.

If Al faked it, he did a pretty good job, not perfect, but good. Not perfect like, some questions never get answers.
If it's real, he should at the least share it with OC. It seemed like you guys were friends. Crying or Very sad
I can't say for sure if it is real. I go plus and minus at times.

One thing that gets me is the metal table. On my desk there is a metal brace that goes from left to right under the front, about 4" in. It affects my rotor and magnets roll to it and stop. Sometimes I put them there so they are not as easilly attracted elsewhere.

With just that going on, even trying to get it running on a metal table seems a lil off.
Has anyone tried it? He could have said it was metal to be a deterent for any ideas of something under the table.

Anyway I'm still working on some different things with this. If Al's unit is real, then I have to asume that it can be done other ways also, just like 2 motors and a box.
Maybe there is an easier way. The OCAlmag is truly different from other ideas.

Magluvin

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:21 am PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:

I was actually thinking of going bigger with everything, which would enable the ability to have things more precise. Imagine going smaller and hoping for better precision.. :roll: for a watch maker maybe. 1" by 1/2" stator magnets and 1" blisters. :mrgreen: Or broken fingers.

My original design would be about 18" diameter rotor, using these magnets (with latches and pivots). For the magnets you are talking about, it would need to be about 5 or 6 feet in diameter.

Magluvin wrote:

If it's real, he should at the least share it with OC. It seemed like you guys were friends. :cry:

It seemed that way to me at first. I think it was because we were both going the same direction. That changed after the video. Al became more reclusive and secretive. I became more demanding. I couldn't and still can't understand why someone would not make the effort to get independent confirmation of a device like that.

Magluvin wrote:

I can't say for sure if it is real. I go plus and minus at times.

Me too. I think we all have our rollercoaster moments.

Magluvin wrote:

One thing that gets me is the metal table. On my desk there is a metal brace that goes from left to right under the front, about 4" in. It affects my rotor and magnets roll to it and stop. Sometimes I put them there so they are not as easilly attracted elsewhere.

With just that going on, even trying to get it running on a metal table seems a lil off.
Has anyone tried it? He could have said it was metal to be a deterent for any ideas of something under the table.

I have a small painted steel patio table. I have tried spinning my WhipMag on it. I didn't try weird stuff like half on/off the table, just set the device in the center of the table. I didn't do any timed rundowns but there was not much difference in behavior. The influence from the table was pretty evenly distributed.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:45 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hi OC

Yea it's hard to stay up or down when ya don't have solid reason to believe or disbelieve. It's just the downs at times are stronger because we don't have working units. But then the ups come around because we still don't have enough to discount the Almag.

As for the steel table, I believe what you say. But I visualize the outer fields sinking into the table causing some type of drag or even weakening, bending the closer fields. If a working unit can still work on a steel table, then it sure could sit near some coils of copper and generate currents. Wink

See ya later OC

Magluvin

Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:37 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hey OC

Thats ineresting what you say about the large rotor. Just made me think, have you tried using just 4 rotor mags in the whipmag II? The bubbles would be much larger as being on a larger rotor. Just a thought. There might be more room and a lil looser in the bubbles for more action to take place. It's a pain in the but to take out robo rotor diametric disc mags, I have to use mag film to get them back in as precisely as possible. Marker rubs of easily.

Magluvin

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development
View previous topic
View next topic