Al, last chance to come clean, or else . . .

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

Sat May 03, 2008 2:23 am PostPost subject:
Yadaraf
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:

In a a recent post to OC, Al indicated that he does not know exactly where the energy is coming from.

Cheers,
Harvey

@Harvey,

Back in February I suggested that the stator bearing(s) might be producing Searl-like (SEG) effects (eddy currents, anti-gravity, etc.).

EDIT: Anti-gravity suggest the unification of gravity and magnetism.
EDIT: When you get your new spindle installed and can demonstrate self-sustaining rotation, you might consider weighing your rig to see if it's gotten lighter. Cool

.. Q: Have you given any thought to SEG-like effects?

... Searl device: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8qvSNkiB9M

Cheers Smile
Yada ..

Sat May 03, 2008 6:35 am PostPost subject:
Ping1400
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

It's becoming almost real science ...

alsetalokin wrote:
I believe we are able to begin ruling out hypotheses, based on what is definitely known.

The high power requirement and the positional independence rule out the "RB Effect", power transfer thru induction from a nearby source.

Harvey's work shows that the stators cannot be driving the rotor, at least not during most (probably all) of the cycle (for cycle it surely must be.) The stators must be driven by the rotor, certainly in GW and most probably in AGW.

I don't think we can blame the video on static electricity.

Thanks Harvey, for your analysis (is English your native tongue?).

More possible hypothesis ...

Drive:
1) Motor inside rotor shaft (stators apparently don't do the trick)
2) Electromagnet next to the rotor (pulley structure besides the rotor + fotocell for timing)
3) What was that pulley on top of the rotor for?
4) Compressed air (air-motor or open air-flow, not very likely)

Power source:
1) Battery somewhere in structure (but where? polymere accu?)
2) Solar cells (250mW needs at least 25 cm2, 10x more with the artificial light)
3) Compressed air container somewhere in the structure (unlikely)

------------

About Drive option 2):
In the 'famous' YouTube video on 00:21 one can notice a fotocell reflector on the side of the rotor.

Sat May 03, 2008 7:20 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Ping1400 wrote:
It's becoming almost real science ...

alsetalokin wrote:
I believe we are able to begin ruling out hypotheses, based on what is definitely known.

The high power requirement and the positional independence rule out the "RB Effect", power transfer thru induction from a nearby source.

Harvey's work shows that the stators cannot be driving the rotor, at least not during most (probably all) of the cycle (for cycle it surely must be.) The stators must be driven by the rotor, certainly in GW and most probably in AGW.

I don't think we can blame the video on static electricity.

Thanks Harvey, for your analysis (is English your native tongue?).

More possible hypothesis ...

Drive:
1) Motor inside rotor shaft (stators apparently don't do the trick)
2) Electromagnet next to the rotor (pulley structure besides the rotor + fotocell for timing)
3) What was that pulley on top of the rotor for?
4) Compressed air (air-motor or open air-flow, not very likely)

Power source:
1) Battery somewhere in structure (but where? polymere accu?)
2) Solar cells (250mW needs at least 25 cm2, 10x more with the artificial light)
3) Compressed air container somewhere in the structure (unlikely)

------------

About Drive option 2):
In the 'famous' YouTube video on 00:21 one can notice a fotocell reflector on the side of the rotor.

Drive:
1. The shaft is 3.5mm - that's slightly over 1/8" - The housing that holds the bearings does not afford enough space for a 250mW motor along with the bearings.
2. During the video the unit is reoriented with no auditory drop in RPM. The soundtrack analysis revealed no audio patching or splicing. So either the entire sound track is fabricated or is accurate. That being said, a pulse motor could be employed off screen and be auto sync'd from the reflective strip on the top of the rotor. (just one directions however and an audio track would have to hide the speed changes during orientation)
3. The pulleys were described in the video "...for eventual friction testing."
4. During my air driven tests my 30 gallon tank would empty after about 5 minutes of running. I was never able to reproduce the same acceleration Al did. And you will notice from my videos how dominate the air noise is.

Power source:
1. watch batteries and a pager motor. We still have a 250mW drain.
2. "Sorry about the light"
3. see 4 above
4. You forgot the Van De Graff generator. Shocked Besides I think John Hutchison had his Lab pointed in Al's direction Razz

Sat May 03, 2008 7:36 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@Yadaraf,

Personally I believe gravity and magnetism are both different structures of curved space. For Gravity the structure is primarily external to the mass and adopts a spherical shape whereas for magnetism the structure is routed through the mass adopts a toroidal shape.

For Searls machine to exibit anti-gravity it would need to restructure a bubble of the space surrounding it such that the curvature above and below its bubble try to equalize the bubble's curvature thus causing a lifting. The spatial shape would have to resemble a convex top and concave bottom. It is doubtful that Searls configuration would result in such a reshaping.

I am still waiting for the Searl Mock ups to become realites so we can see the results. Neutral

Sat May 03, 2008 1:01 pm PostPost subject:
Gent
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi AL OC and all, I have been trying to catch up, I stumbled across AL's video on youtube several weeks ago and have scince bought some magnets, guted an old hard drive and in general been piddling arround lol. I'm gonna go to the plastic place monday and get material to make a replica, I have 6 stainless stator bearings they are slightly less magnetic than normal carbon steel Question
I'm concidering using 2 bearings top and botom on the stators this should make them a lot more stable any thoughts on this?

Gent

it seems a shame, the walrus said, to play them such a trick

Sat May 03, 2008 6:50 pm PostPost subject:
Ping1400
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Harvey wrote:
2. During the video the unit is reoriented with no auditory drop in RPM. The soundtrack analysis revealed no audio patching or splicing. So either the entire sound track is fabricated or is accurate. That being said, a pulse motor could be employed off screen and be auto sync'd from the reflective strip on the top of the rotor. (just one directions however and an audio track would have to hide the speed changes during orientation)

Ad2
To be able to continue the rotor (acceleration) during reorientation, the electromagnetic driving source must be on the machine itself. At the same time that would also be the most logic location for the application of a fotocell. In the 'famous' YouTube video a pulley structure is visible on the baseplate next to the rotor (with a small verticall pulley wheel, that has no clear use). It happens to be in perfect position compared to the reflector on the side of the rotor that can be seen on 00:21 of the video (not the big reflector on top of the rotor!). The electromagnets could be inside the 'magnetokinetic Judson dampers' (the alluminium cover is no problem). Still looking for a battery.

I also want to give a link to the long forgotten OerBlow experiment:
http://team-titanium.com/OerBlow
http://team-titanium.com/OerBlow/construction
It is very inspiring, specially the last few pictures.

It also remembers us of the amateurish engineering skillz of Steorn (how dare they come at a demo with such uninspired and unoriginal 'perpetual motion' machine design, even skeptics like to be taken serious).

Edit: Magnetic -> Electromagnetic

Last edited by Ping1400 on Sat May 03, 2008 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sat May 03, 2008 6:59 pm PostPost subject:
Yadaraf
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:
@Yadaraf,

Personally I believe gravity and magnetism are both different structures of curved space. For Gravity the structure is primarily external to the mass and adopts a spherical shape whereas for magnetism the structure is routed through the mass adopts a toroidal shape.

For Searls machine to exibit anti-gravity it would need to restructure a bubble of the space surrounding it such that the curvature above and below its bubble try to equalize the bubble's curvature thus causing a lifting. The spatial shape would have to resemble a convex top and concave bottom. It is doubtful that Searls configuration would result in such a reshaping.

I am still waiting for the Searl Mock ups to become realites so we can see the results. Neutral

@Harvey,

Thanks. Recall that DePalma's N-machine also allegedly exhibited an anti-gravity effect. IMHO the jury's still out, because we still have to account for some missing energy, and gravity-magnetism conversion might be a pathway.

Let's table anti-gravity for the moment.

.. Q: What about SEG-like eddy currents in the Whipmag stator assembly -- bearings primarily?

At one time we were considering electrical currents that might be flowing in or around the stator bearing elements and shaft, as the result of relative motion between the magnet and elements. I don't think we considered eddy currents in the rotor (at least I didn't), but given that the spindle is more complicated that previous thought, I wonder if that is a possibility.

Cheers Smile
Yada..

Sun May 04, 2008 1:29 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Ping1400 wrote:
Harvey wrote:

Ad2
To be able to continue the rotor (acceleration) during reorientation, the electromagnetic driving source must be on the machine itself. At the same time that would also be the most logic location for the application of a fotocell. In the 'famous' YouTube video a pulley structure is visible on the baseplate next to the rotor (with a small verticall pulley wheel, that has no clear use). It happens to be in perfect position compared to the reflector on the side of the rotor that can be seen on 00:21 of the video (not the big reflector on top of the rotor!). The electromagnets could be inside the 'magnetokinetic Judson dampers' (the alluminium cover is no problem). Still looking for a battery.

I also want to give a link to the long forgotten OerBlow experiment:
http://team-titanium.com/OerBlow
http://team-titanium.com/OerBlow/construction
It is very inspiring, specially the last few pictures.

It also remembers us of the amateurish engineering skillz of Steorn (how dare they come at a demo with such uninspired and unoriginal 'perpetual motion' machine design, even skeptics like to be taken serious).

Edit: Magnetic -> Electromagnetic

@Ping1400,

Hi,
Careful analysis of the vertical (black) pulley will reveal that it is attached to a solid piece of transparent acrylic. There is no evidence of an electrical path associated with this appendage. The purpose of this pulley is for 'eventual friction testing'. This is a method by which a weight is suspended by a cable that runs over the vertical pulley and is wound onto the horizontal pulley. Friction in the rotor assembly will support a given weight without moving. As weight is added, you will reach a point where the friction and inertial load are overcome. If you know the exact inertial load you can subtract that from the weight needed and you are left with the initial friction of the rotor and two pulleys. This is the purpose of the pulleys, to determine initial load.

The Aluminum dampers, if hollow, could hold a battery, coil and Hall effect sensor. As the rotor induces a field in the aluminum it would trigger the hall sensor and trip a camera flash discharge coil to provide just enough boost to keep the rotor going Razz Completely self contained, no external wires. Keep in mind however that this would imply Al knew all along what powered the unit and all evidence speaks otherwise.

Addtionally, as a pseudoskeptic you have placed yourself in the precarious position of having to prove your negative claims Shocked
(See OC's post, and wikipedia for pseudoskeptic)

Cheers,

Harvey Cool

Sun May 04, 2008 1:47 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: http://team-titanium.com/OerBlow/construction

There were many problems there. Even the original concept is flawed. Bismuth does not provide a flux path as illustrated. The angle of the 'Bismuth' serves no useful purpose in a flux exchange of a rotating body. Regardless of bearing friction the air drag on the prop should have been the biggest concern. His process disregards conservation laws. Etc.

It was refreshing however to get postive feedback that creating a 'FAKE' is harder than one would think.

What is your impression of the exercise?

Sun May 04, 2008 2:05 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@ Yadaraf,

If varying magnetic field density passes through electrically conductive material there must be current flow in the conductor. If the current has no external path, then the electrons will build as charges on a plate. Depending on the change in field density over time and distance, the charge may migrate in the material and produce eddies.

For a certainty, eddies do occur in the stator bearings - they must. This is because the outer race is fixed with respects the magnet and becomes an extension of it. The inner race is fixed relative to the base. Consequently, the rollers must traverse the differential providing a quasi flux path from outer race to roller to inner race to mtg screw to inner race to roller to outer race. This is the shortest distance for the flux to reach the opposite pole. These are conductive bearings and thus current must flow. Since there is no place for dissipation the energy is converted to heat.

Could this somehow create a motor? Perhaps - but the elctrodynamics would be very complex and difficult to model. Also, there would have to be a thermodynamic relationship - a thermocouple effect to power the motor, other wise its just a loss mechanism. I think mathematics will show that even if a motor was possible the torque would be insufficient to power the stator let alone the rotor as well.

Sun May 04, 2008 7:25 am PostPost subject:
Yadaraf
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:

For a certainty, eddies do occur in the stator bearings - they must.
These are conductive bearings and thus current must flow. Since there is no place for dissipation the energy is converted to heat.
Could this somehow create a motor? Perhaps - but the elctrodynamics would be very complex and difficult to model.

@Harvey,

Thanks. I don't agree with your second statement that the eddy current energy MUST be dissipated as heat (a loss).

.. Q: Couldn't the eddy current produce another magnetic field?

I'm thinking along the lines of the copper tube experiments, where a falling magnet creates eddy currents that in turn create magnetic fields at right angles to the field of the falling magnet. The fall of the magnet is thus "cushioned" by the magnetic field that is produced by the eddy currents. It has been shown that the fall time is proportional to the square of the field.

.. Magnet Falling in Copper Tube: http://www.16pi2.com/eddy_currents.htm

.. more: http://mysite.du.edu/~jcalvert/phys/eddy.htm <= last paragraph

My point is that the eddy currents in the stator might be sourcing magnet energy, and not simply generating heat.

RSVP Question

Cheers Smile
Yada..

Sun May 04, 2008 7:49 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@ Yadaraf,

I didn't say they 'must' be dissipated as heat, I said they 'must' exist.

However, I did say that if the eddies have no place for dissapation then they will be converted to heat.

Wink

EDIT: btw, anytime current flows a magnetic field is expanded.

Last edited by Harvey on Sun May 04, 2008 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Sun May 04, 2008 8:08 am PostPost subject:
Yadaraf
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:
@ Yadaraf,

However, I did say that if the eddies have no place for dissapation then they will be converted to heat.

Wink

@Harvey,

..Q: Do you agree then that the eddy currents could produce or amplify a magnetic field in the stator assembly -- instead of being "dissipated" as heat?

Cheers Smile
Yada..

Sun May 04, 2008 8:28 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Yadaraf wrote:
Harvey wrote:
@ Yadaraf,

Wink

@Harvey,

..Q: Do you agree then that the eddy currents could produce or amplify a magnetic field in the stator assembly -- instead of being "dissipated" as heat?

Cheers Smile
Yada..

Keep in mind that induced fields are always in opposition to the force that produces them. This is why the magnet slows down when dropped through the copper tube. So if a magnetic field already exists in opposition to another, and an induction occurs, then the induced field will strengthen the existing opposing field.

In the case of the stator, this would slow the stator down.

Sun May 04, 2008 9:14 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Gent wrote:
Hi AL OC and all, I have been trying to catch up, I stumbled across AL's video on youtube several weeks ago and have scince bought some magnets, guted an old hard drive and in general been piddling arround lol. I'm gonna go to the plastic place monday and get material to make a replica, I have 6 stainless stator bearings they are slightly less magnetic than normal carbon steel Question
I'm concidering using 2 bearings top and botom on the stators this should make them a lot more stable any thoughts on this?

Gent

Hi Gent, Welcome to the group.

The extra bearing does help restrict radial play. However it also doubles the bearing drag.

In my tests I placed both bearings below the magnet with a steel roll pin as the axle pressed into the inner races. It was more stable and quieter but did not perform as well as the single bearing versions. If you place the stator magnet between bearings I strongly suggest a non-magnetic, non-inductive material for the axel. Perhaps a fiberglass rod?

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers, Very Happy

Harvey

Sun May 04, 2008 3:00 pm PostPost subject:
Ping1400
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Harvey wrote:
Addtionally, as a pseudoskeptic you have placed yourself in the precarious position of having to prove your negative claims Shocked

Pseudoskeptics are scum. I am an OU cynic. I don't have to prove OU cannot be, because I know it cannot be. Besides I don't care if others keep their faith as long as there is no fraud involved (jealous?). Rejection of OU reduces the WhipMag OCAL MPMM into a beautiful crafted engineering puzzle: "find the power source". The fun of this game is worth the effort, no need for 'new physics' or 'skeptics'.

Last word about the OerBlow experiment: All the information that was published before July 15th (with the prop, the Bismuth, flux paths and pseudo math/physics) was just to attract attention from the 'believers' front. It was one big joke and quite few fell for it. On July 15th the fake machine that resembled the Steorn demo device was created. It was meant to show everybody how easy it is to create a simple fake OU machine just like Steorn's (and to tell their earlier publications were not for real!).

Maybe it inspired Al, I don't know if he ever knew about OerBlow. But he went to the next level by building a much more complex machine (using OC's idea). And then confusing us with the AGW phenomena (unexpected but fully explainable) that took a lot of attention of the replicators away from the (unexplainable) acceleration. The basic idea is the same as OerBlow: a lesson in reality.

Sun May 04, 2008 3:43 pm PostPost subject:
alsetalokin
Site Admin

Uh-huh.
I didn't know about OerBlow, thanks for the links, it's verrrry interrrresting...

The reflective tape on the edge of the rotor is there to facilitate my attempts at tachometry; admittedly it could be used for optical commutation of some kind, but I long ago went to Hall-effect switch commutation for my magnetic motor devices (like my Marinov-Nikolayev motor, that has no armature back-reaction, that I posted on some picture site associated with Steorn some time ago). The Hall commutation is more accurate, faster, and the Hall devices are available in the SOT-23 package. If I wanted to conceal one, it would be ridiculously easy.

I assure you, Ping, and anyone else who is interested, that my device does not use optical or Hall-effect commutation (aka timing).

Harvey's analysis of the pulleys is, as usual, right on the money, except for the fact that there must be no extra drag on the system while starting; the "belt" (I used thick silk thread) must be loose at first, then when the unit comes up to speed, the idler pulley mount is swivelled to put some tension on the "belt" thus transferring power into the weight-lift system.

I must say, throughout my experience with Steorn, I have found Ping to be one of the most cogent and insightful commenters. Thanks for modelling what I consider to be the "correct" mental attitude!

Sun May 04, 2008 5:58 pm PostPost subject:
MADPROF
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

overconfident wrote:
alsetalokin wrote:

I am especially intrigued with OC's idea of letting little diametric magnets float around in recesses in the rotor, with pivoted stators. If only there was some way to have the rolling and rotating rotor magnets roll around in there without contacting the top or bottom of the cavity. This would seem to put centrifugal force (fictitious, of course, how appropriate) into the mix in a maybe useful way.

I'm sure it would be even more intriguing if it was properly designed and constructed instead of me just wildly drilling holes in a perfectly good rotor (hint, hint).

Sorry OC missed this.

What do you need? Laughing

Sun May 04, 2008 6:39 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

MADPROF wrote:

Sorry OC missed this.

What do you need? :lol:

@MADPROF,

What I'm looking for is some way to swap the stator/rotor magnet roles.

When I started talking about my diametrically magnetized 5mm magnets, you suggested dropping them into a hole and just letting them spin. If you have looked at the wood block stators I built that use plastic straws, you will see that idea actually works pretty well.

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll48/overconfident/stators/?action=view&current=d025.jpg
http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll48/overconfident/stators/?action=view&current=d035.flv

Now I want to see what happens if I put the spinning magnets on the rotor and the fixed, opposed magnets as stators (with pivots). So, what I would like to see is a 6" rotor with 13 evenly spaced holes near the edge around the circumference, 1/4" seems to work pretty well with the wood block construction and 5mm magnets I did, but might not be the optimum size. Some sort of attachable cover would be desirable to keep magnets from flying out of the holes.

I'm also open to other suggestions of how to go about this that might reduce the friction. One thing I have considered is teflon inserts in the holes.

I also started another thread for new design ideas where I mentioned gyro-like design. I'd like to hear some feedback on that idea as well. If the rotor is attached to the shaft and supported top and bottom like a toy gyroscope, it could be more easily spun up to much higher speeds without requiring a dremel or compressed air.

As usual, I would be perfectly content to see someone else try this out. I am far from the best person to be performing these experiments. I don't have the scientific knowledge, engineering skills, tools or equipment to do a very good job ... and even a minor modification to the device is a major challenge for me. I'm just a dreamer.

OC

Sun May 04, 2008 7:05 pm PostPost subject:
Yadaraf
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:
Yadaraf wrote:
@Harvey,

Cheers Smile
Yada..

Keep in mind that induced fields are always in opposition to the force that produces them. This is why the magnet slows down when dropped through the copper tube. So if a magnetic field already exists in opposition to another, and an induction occurs, then the induced field will strengthen the existing opposing field.

In the case of the stator, this would slow the stator down.

@Harvey,

I don't believe we have a good enough understanding of the AGW field and the interaction between it and the multiple fields of the stator to say conclusively that the stator will slow down.

Cheers Smile
Yada..

Sun May 04, 2008 7:13 pm PostPost subject:
Yadaraf
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

MADPROF wrote:
overconfident wrote:
alsetalokin wrote:

I am especially intrigued with OC's idea of letting little diametric magnets float around in recesses in the rotor, with pivoted stators. If only there was some way to have the rolling and rotating rotor magnets roll around in there without contacting the top or bottom of the cavity. This would seem to put centrifugal force (fictitious, of course, how appropriate) into the mix in a maybe useful way.

I'm sure it would be even more intriguing if it was properly designed and constructed instead of me just wildly drilling holes in a perfectly good rotor (hint, hint).

Sorry OC missed this.

What do you need? Laughing

@OC, MADPROF

While we're placing magents into recesses tubes, let's consider recesses that are lined with copper tubes and make use of the magnetic field produced by the eddy currents as the magnets spin around inside.

(Sorry, Harvey, I had to throw that one in. Laughing )

Cheers Smile
Yada ..

Sun May 04, 2008 9:06 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Yadaraf wrote:

While we're placing magents into recesses tubes, let's consider recesses that are lined with copper tubes and make use of the magnetic field produced by the eddy currents as the magnets spin around inside.

Interesting idea, but of course this will greatly complexify the mechanical spin and the magnetic field interactions. Could be good but might not be.

Sun May 04, 2008 9:12 pm PostPost subject:
Yadaraf
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

overconfident wrote:
Yadaraf wrote:

Interesting idea, but of course this will greatly complexify the mechanical spin and the magnetic field interactions. Could be good but might not be.

@OC,

Who knows, you might have dreamt of "Eddy Vortices." Laughing

Cheers Smile
Yada..

Sun May 04, 2008 10:32 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

overconfident wrote:
Yadaraf wrote:

Will definitely 'brake' the rotation to govern it against overspeed Very Happy

EDIT: ToDo - slide a copper tube over an AGW stator during operation.

Sun May 04, 2008 11:10 pm PostPost subject:
MADPROF
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@ OC,Yada,Harvey & All

OC can knock you up another rotor out of perspex, much cheaper with some smaller race bearings with 13 chambers in no problem, let me think about how to seal the magnets. (Ideas welcome) You could put them in a fluid, vacuum, Teflon points, but Yada's copper idea needs looking at because what we need, is to altar the timing. This is going Dream Machine route, I've been back on the whipmag, as I can't believe how wrong I got it the first time and how we still need the answer to Al's device. Evil or Very Mad

Harvey your spindle drawing has been a big help, thanks again. I plan to build anther whipmag as soon as I can get the materials together, will post some drawings for comment. Second time lucky Laughing

Yada, THE LOG is turning into the Whipmag Bible, Misunderstood, belivers non -believers. All the ingredients are there, too many cooks. Confused You work is tireless Cool

Al could spill the beans tonight, but his story would be over, and we all know this is a never ending story, new frontiers and all that.

Sun May 04, 2008 11:17 pm PostPost subject:
Yadaraf
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

MADPROF wrote:

Al could spill the beans tonight, but his story would be over, and we all know this is a never ending story, new frontiers and all that.

@MADPROF,

Don't you know that "the journey" is often more enjoyable than "the destination."

At present, I'm enjoying the road trip. Cool In fact, I've been providing you with disinformation so that the trip lasts longer (joking, of course).

Cheers Smile
Yada..

Sun May 04, 2008 11:25 pm PostPost subject:
MADPROF
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@Yada

Wink

Mon May 05, 2008 5:24 pm PostPost subject:
Yadaraf
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:
overconfident wrote:
Yadaraf wrote:

Will definitely 'brake' the rotation to govern it against overspeed Very Happy

EDIT: ToDo - slide a copper tube over an AGW stator during operation.

@Harvey,

I see you're interested in making a "WhipSEG." Twisted Evil

While your adding copper to your ToDo list, you might consider wrapping a piece around the OD of the rotor. If you're really serious, don't forget that Searle's Law of Squares requires 12 elements.

Having sid that, it would be interesting to see how far one could get with a spinning rotor and 12 spinning stators. (I wish I had a bonafide machine shop.)

Cheers Smile
Yada ..

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development
View previous topic
View next topic