The "linguistics" of Steorn...

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Skeptics, sceptics, and Cynics Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

Thu May 01, 2008 6:43 pm PostPost subject:
Thicket
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Babcat

What can I say? You're a very nice person, but you're an incredibly naive and gullible hero-worshipper.

The creation of an inner circle of believers, blessed with 'special insider' information is a common ploy amongst fraudsters. That's what the SPUD is all about. Yes, you can hint all you like about your knowledge and certainty that Steorn has free-energy. It doesn't change things. Steorn has nothing and never had anything despite your fervent delusions that they do. Your desire to 'show those skeptics/cynics' will likely be with you your entire life. It will never happen.

I know that nothing will ever change your mind. Sean can be charged, convicted and thrown in jail for fraud like many other free-energy scammers, and you'd still believe.

I feel very sorry for you. (This is not an insult. I say it with sincere sympathy.)

Sat May 03, 2008 5:37 pm PostPost subject:
maryyugo
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I'm saying they (Steorn) are lying through their teeth. There are no bearings that can't handle a bit of heat and if there were, all they had to do was turn off the lights. It's lie-- a huge, black, festering idiotic lie and if you believe that, you'd buy the Brooklyn Bridge from a street vendor for a dollar.

Tue May 06, 2008 4:17 pm PostPost subject:
linguist

@ping1400,babcat

I said when I started this thread that I'm a fence-sitter and, being a linguist and not a scientist, I don't know either way about Steorn's claims.

But I've changed my mind about something, especially after reading that drivel on http://www.surphzup.com (jeez, could he at least use a spell checker?! Imagine the sheer embarrassment of missing out on the world's biggest secret due to simply not being able to express yourself...)

Anyway, it's this. Why did Steorn not simply publish in a damn journal, any journal? That would be prior art and their intellectual property would have been protected. They said in their Economist ad that their wonder device had been tested and approved but "always off the record". Well, then publish it under your own name, Sean! Or publish it in Smash Hits, or something! Anything!! Steorn had, what, three million quid. More than enough to start up a new journal of magnetism, wouldn't you say? With a free spinning Orbo sellotaped onto issue 1.

I admit that up to now, the part of me that "wants to believe" has won out, but, after weighing the whole thing up & over & sideways... no. I'm not buying it. Sorry, Steorn, sorry Sean, but you've lost me completely. I don't believe you have anything. I'm going for the mass delusion theory.

I appreciate that people reading this are probably itching to answer but can't because they're under an NDA, but you can still answer the question above - why not publish? The Economist wasn't that great a place to even advertise, when you think about it: flick through the back pages and you'll see more small ads for vanity press (i.e. con artists) than almost anywhere else in print.

This isn't a troll-post, trying to get people inflamed. I'm serious, I've come to this conclusion after around a year of lurking and reading on various sites.

Sad

Tue May 06, 2008 9:04 pm PostPost subject:
drichardson
Site Admin

I don't know how long you've been following the Great Steorn Saga but posts in the form of "Why the hell don't they just _________? It's far more sensible." are out of fashion. They were cool back in '06 and Q1 and Q2 of '07.

The new rage (for non-believers) is "Why the hell haven't they _________? Smells like a scam to me!" For believers it's cooler to say "I understand why they did _______. Their methods are genius!"

Their choice of magazine has been analyzed by the finest minds a free energy form on the internet can attract. No consensus has been reached.

This whole dog and pony show is still loads of fun, however.

Very Happy

Tue May 06, 2008 11:21 pm PostPost subject:
maryyugo
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I think the best remaining questions are:

1) How can anyone sane believe these turkeys have or had anything at all? Why would anyone have believed it in the first place, it was so obviously phony?

and

2) How long is it before this matter hits the headlines again, this time because it's in civil, criminal or both types of court?

Tue May 06, 2008 11:49 pm PostPost subject:
aber0der
Contributor
Contributor

Your questions will be answered soon.

More unanswered questions:
How much of the 15 mio. is already spent? Are new investors on the hook? Were is 'The Fence II'?

Wed May 07, 2008 7:34 am PostPost subject:
Ping1400
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

aber0der wrote:
More unanswered questions:
How much of the 15 mio. is already spent?
Are new investors on the hook?
Were is 'The Fence II'?

Yeah, where is 'The Fence II'? That's stuff that matters. All OK with Spiritual Beggar?
http://www.steorn.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=59752&page=1#Item_0

Steorn finance: in earlier calculations I estimated their cash to last until the end of last April (one week ago).
I don't expect new investors, but there could still be contractual obligations for the exisitng investors to make additional investments.
Check CRO website every month.
http://www.cro.ie/search/submissionse.asp?number=406754&BI=C (STEORN NOMINEES LIMITED, empty holding)
http://www.cro.ie/search/submissionse.asp?number=330508&BI=C (STEORN LIMITED)
New investments are published within few days.
Next annual return publication for Steorn is October 2008 (fiscal year 2007), and for Steorn Nominees it is August 2008.

Wed May 07, 2008 9:05 am PostPost subject:
linguist

@drrichardson

Oops! I didn't realise I was asking last year's hot questions. Won't happen again, sorry. As a linguist, I appreciate how much USING THE RIGHT LANGUAGE matters! Smile

Well, I might have asked an "old" question but that doesn't mean it's a bad one; it's the one that has put me on the side of the conventional scientists for good. Call it "going back to first principles", if you wish.

Wed May 07, 2008 9:41 am PostPost subject:
babcat
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Mary,

Go ahead and keep saying those things. Please keep it up!

Wed May 07, 2008 9:51 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

If I was forced to make a decision based on the scarcity of facts available in Steorns situation there are 3 things pop up into the process.

1. I see a video of a technician adding energy to a magnetomechanical device with his hand and he has convinced himself it is recovering back to the starting place. He then comments on this being just a small example of larger possibilties.

My impression: Self delusion.

2. I watch a powerpoint type presentation demonstrating how the torque is measured. A complex arrangement with room for error.

My impression: Poor engineering skills - possible reason for self delusion.

3. I see a video of some techs trying to get an 'orbo' type device going. The expressions on their face seem to say "It worked before we got on the plane in Ireland, why isn't it working here in London?" I also see the confidence of a CEO who seems to have already planned a contingency and handles it as well as any CEO could.

My impression: An intelligent upper-management structure that placed faith in the abilities of its engineers and techs. Who skillfully arranged a win/win scenario even in the face of defeat. Who established unequivocally that the greater scientific community will not respond to claims of over unity without compensation. Who defined the price of bringing OU to the world - real or imagined. Who learned the hard way that many anomolies, artifacts and phenomenon are geographically related.

Final Question: Who is pulling the strings on these puppets* and why?

*Tesla, Moray, Marks, Schwartz, Johnson, Bearden, Steorn...

Wed May 07, 2008 8:46 pm PostPost subject:
JoinTheFun
Contributor
Contributor

Actually it's much simpler : it has been tucked away for a couple years (10,15,20?), under threat or by means of other convincing arguments. You don't think that the permanent government would let something like this happen, do you ? Or, if you doubt the existence of such, the oil sheiks and barons, or even nations protecting their economies.
Fuel taxes form, after all, a large part of national incomes.
Sad

Thu May 08, 2008 7:53 am PostPost subject:
drichardson
Site Admin

JoinTheFun wrote:
Fuel taxes form, after all, a large part of national incomes.

Don't worry. I'm sure governments haven't run out of new ideas for taxes. If one gets lax, they have plenty more at the ready to make up the difference.

Fri May 09, 2008 1:06 pm PostPost subject:
JoinTheFun
Contributor
Contributor

True, there's talk here of raising the VAT (which is an insult in itself) from 19 to 20%. Never mind the fact that a percentage is proportional.

Fri May 09, 2008 5:32 pm PostPost subject:
lostcauses
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

linguist
Looking for the pseudo specific jargon on free energy system is such that the claims always go to an unseen or new approach to science. They try and use the same works that science uses and by the lack of understanding by others of the science hook them into believing. In most cases they believe it themselves.

This goes a lot further than the snake oil sales of old times. It even goes further than the cultist format (though usually ends up the same system) than religion.

It becomes:
One: a claim of breaking past the barrier.
Two: Theirs is the only way to do it, they understand it.
Three: the super secret break is kept secret, and for some reason other can never replicate the effect.

Want more look into the old write ups of Bessler, Keely etc. They follow a format that always leaves a question of did they do it. That does seem to be the key fact. It is such to keep the question of fact did they or did they not do it. The conspiratorial theory's comes into play at this point across the board.

Hear is a fun on to look up Rife. He claimed that virus caused cancer and that his microscope could see them. His practice of medical got all of his equipment and notes confiscated. All his claims of the time were wrote off as garbage. Yet today we know that virus, ( can also go into the areas of chains that are not considered virus now but would have been in his time) can cause such.

What was his claim: That the equipment of the time destroyed the virus so it could not be detected. His equipment allowed to be able to see this macro item without destruction.

Sat May 10, 2008 12:14 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

lostcauses wrote:
linguist
Looking for the pseudo specific jargon on free energy system is such that the claims always go to an unseen or new approach to science. They try and use the same works that science uses and by the lack of understanding by others of the science hook them into believing. In most cases they believe it themselves.

This goes a lot further than the snake oil sales of old times. It even goes further than the cultist format (though usually ends up the same system) than religion.

It becomes:
One: a claim of breaking past the barrier.
Two: Theirs is the only way to do it, they understand it.
Three: the super secret break is kept secret, and for some reason other can never replicate the effect.

Want more look into the old write ups of Bessler, Keely etc. They follow a format that always leaves a question of did they do it. That does seem to be the key fact. It is such to keep the question of fact did they or did they not do it. The conspiratorial theory's comes into play at this point across the board.

Hear is a fun on to look up Rife. He claimed that virus caused cancer and that his microscope could see them. His practice of medical got all of his equipment and notes confiscated. All his claims of the time were wrote off as garbage. Yet today we know that virus, ( can also go into the areas of chains that are not considered virus now but would have been in his time) can cause such.

What was his claim: That the equipment of the time destroyed the virus so it could not be detected. His equipment allowed to be able to see this macro item without destruction.

Hmmm, and here I thought cancer is caused by cranial nerve oscillators operating in the incorrect frequency range of 5 to 7 GHz usually due to toxins and carcenogenic frequency modifiers that settle in brain tissue. At least thats what Dr. Springer explained to me when I asked how my aunts lungs that were 75% tumor ridden could be 100% clear on the x-rays 90 days later. Two of his pet peeves were peppers and chocolate. He claimed that both contained toxins of the worst kind for disrupting brain centers that govern new tissue generation. Wild 'eh?

As far as linquistics go, thats not my forté. But I will agree that many persons who gather investors either believe in their idea or don't have a clue as to how it will really be produced in finality. Those that have a firm business plan but whose product lacks demonstrability are high risk in my book. Whereas those who have product demonstrability but poor if any business direction are usually the genuine article. Somewhere in between are the con artists. In some cases anomolies or artifacts have been marketed but fail when run to production. Even genuine designs that function perfectly in prototype often fail during production due to tolerance deviations.

I wonder how many actual 'flying machines' were constructed and at what cost before the 'formula' was pinned down. How many investors lost there savings in all that? Not Howard Hughs - thats for sure. Wink

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Skeptics, sceptics, and Cynics
View previous topic
View next topic