Where in the world is Alsetalokin?

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   Page 2 of 3

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:06 pm PostPost subject:
munchausen
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Al? Hello? Are you there?

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:59 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I suspect the only messages were going to get will be embedded in his Avatar Rolling Eyes

Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:02 pm PostPost subject: 1-Month Anniversary
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

It's been 1 month now since the last communications with Al. Let's all cry in our beer.

OC Crying or Very sad

Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:39 pm PostPost subject:
maryyugo
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I think everybody "got took". Good job, "Al". Sorry for those who spent time replicating-- I hope they got something out of the experience and a new sense of the unlikely nature of "free energy" from magnets (or pretty much anything else one can do in one's garage).

Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:07 pm PostPost subject:
Lakes
Contributor
Contributor

Either Al got lucky and is unable to replicate this himself or his company wants to develop the idea further and have put a "gag" on him, or it was a hoax from the start..

Myself, I thought the idea of adding springs to the stator and/or rotor magnets had some merit, pity I dont have the skills or money to invest in further experiments.

I will be doing some tri-gate experiments though as that requires little engineering skill to start with.

Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:09 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

We can all speculate about Al and it is of little value. He is monitoring things apparently and his reactions are congruent with those of someone who has been persecuted on some level. I think he's burned out on this and is just waiting for it to blow over.

I have a new approach I plan to construct. Will keep all posted.

Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:10 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Al,

If you lead, there are many who will follow ... and I'll be happy to get out of the way.

OC

Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:20 am PostPost subject:
geodanz
Contributor
Contributor

this was posted over on the OU forum... interesting design...

http://freenrg.info/Patents/Mag_Motors/US4179633.pdf

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:03 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

geodanz wrote:

Very interesting. Looks like I should not claim "rotation by oscillation" as a new or unique effect for WhipMag. However, it is still an interesting effect.

The design is far from WhipMag. The magnetic relationships are different, as well as several other factors. I don't think we're infinging on the patent.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:26 pm PostPost subject:
geodanz
Contributor
Contributor

overconfident wrote:
geodanz wrote:

Very interesting. Looks like I should not claim "rotation by oscillation" as a new or unique effect for WhipMag. However, it is still an interesting effect.

The design is far from WhipMag. The magnetic relationships are different, as well as several other factors. I don't think we're infinging on the patent.

I don't know about patent issues... but it has similarities to what Harveys come up with... which btw, as has been pointed out, is similar to what Craigy demonstrated manualy in his Spanish Vid) ( not implying any funny business on anyone's part) Maybe there's something to be learned from it... it would be interesting to know about the inventor / patent holder...

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:41 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

overconfident wrote:
geodanz wrote:

There is no infringement. claims 2-9 refer to claim 1 which indicates all the magnet poles are exposed poles all facing the same way. Additionally, his concept uses magnet pairs on each pivot.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:20 pm PostPost subject:
RunningBare
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hellllooooo, AL are you there? the spirits are with us this day, I shall channel them through my spiritual router and try to make contact with AL Shocked

Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:56 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@RB,

Thanks. The spirits don't seem to like chatting me up.

Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:35 am PostPost subject:
maryyugo
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

So, guys, what's "Al" up to these days? Perhaps no good?

Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:19 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I don't know what Al's doing. But after this many months it is clear to me that this collaborative group is not made of the stuff needed to reach success.

I'm certain at this juncture my energy will be better spent elsewhere.

It's been fun and entertaining along the way and I sincerely hope that each one of you finds what you need.

All the best to the best and all.

Harvey

Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:34 am PostPost subject:
Nentin
Contributor
Contributor

Al,

Can you please tell me if you have replicated this with n42 rotor mags?

Thanks,
-Nentin

Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:07 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Back on topic: Where in the world is Alsetalokin?

He's been mighty quiet the past couple weeks. Is he back to work now? Spending every spare moment trying to understand WhipMag behavior? Or are his efforts focussed on some totally unrelated woo?

Or is he still vacationing in Texas, slaughtering hogs, sipping Jack Daniels, and watching the sunset?

MiB?

I hope he is well, not locked up in some asylum someplace.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:44 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Lol OC, you crack me up Very Happy

It was only six days ago...

http://www.fizzx.com/viewtopic.php?p=6619#6619

hey...that's my wedding anniversary...must be having fun, that 27 years just flew by. Mr. Green

I think he's run out logical explanations for the behaviour and is waiting for the results of close replication - i.e. WhiPMag II.

Of course the TDY may be of a private nature whether MIL., Bus. or Pers. , or he probably would have shared a bit more. The last volunteered location I read about was Buffalo NY 6 days after he left.

Ever other day or so I think a bit about your latches and ponder a means to engage them without a reduction or conversion in energy. Unless there is a resonant cycle with very high efficiency (low losses) it always seems to come back to adding energy to activate or deactivate the latches. I'm still thinking on it though Wink

Oops...now we're off topic again - sorry Embarassed

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:47 pm PostPost subject:
alsetalokin
Site Admin

I'm back in the saddle, after a week of grueling travel. But I'm exhausted, and yet must sustain effort because we are in the usual year-end push (putsch?) and must wrap up several bits of old business. While at the same time progressing on other continuing and somewhat ongoing current projects (no pun intended--today attempted to help to debug a control circuit for an IGBT switching 6000 amps into a pulse-shaping network).

And it's always something.
For example, today I was tasked to fabricate a sample holder insert for a centrifuge cup. A simple cylinder, 3" long, 2.5 " OD, 1/4" wall thickness, open at one end and sealed at the other with a simple threaded plug cap, 10 tpi thread pitch, with some little sealing bosses on both pieces for a tight flat seal.
Pretty trivial, right?
Material: Teflon.
Crying or Very sad

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:15 am PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@Al,

I wouldn't know about such things, but judging by your "frownie" I take it Teflon is difficult to work with. Did you get the job done?

Nice to have you back. Can't wait til you find some time for WhipMag. Does it still accelerate, etc. after all those lonely days and nights?

OC

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:19 am PostPost subject:
alsetalokin
Site Admin

Teflon is very soft and flexible, in addition to being slippery. It's hard to hold it in a chuck. Tools tend to gouge and grab, and must be very sharp to obtain a smooth finish.
I started by making a practice piece about half-size, from Teflon rod stock. The cylinder wasn't too hard; I made the internal thread for the plug cap before boring out the major portion of the ID, so I can put the plug in to support the piece in the chuck while I finish bore the ID from the other end.
The plug caused some problems; cutting the external thread was easy enough but the thing slipped out of the chuck twice during final detailing, plus I bashed my thumb into the lathe chuck and leaked red stuff all over the place... The first time I was able to save it but the second time ruined it--after maybe an hour of set-up and manual threading passes. So I found another bit of Teflon stock and made another one, this time without problems. Tomorrow I'll finish the plug, thread it in and finish the ID bore on the practice piece.
Then I'll tackle the actual piece--but since I'm starting with a cylinder instead of a solid bar, I'll have to make a press-fit insert to support the thing in the chuck so it won't distort, so I can cut the internal threads...

As far as goes the device to which you refer, I haven't even found the damn thing yet. I didn't like to leave it in my dungeon apt., so I packed it away and took it to an undisclosed secure location for the duration of my TDY, and I can't remember just where, exactly, that was...but I'm sure it will turn up, eventually.
Or "soon", whichever comes first.

Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:21 am PostPost subject:
lostcauses
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Material: Teflon.
AHHHHHH..

Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:14 pm PostPost subject:
MADPROF
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@Al

How did your Teflon project turn out?

I make Gudgeon Pin slugs out off Teflon for Nitro engines, to replace the wire clips, best tooling geometry I have found is for Aluminium- polished inserts.

Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:56 am PostPost subject: Re: Where in the world is Alsetalokin?
Magneto

overconfident wrote:
Al,

I can understand you might want out. I do too!

But it's not time yet, not until someone can independently verify the anomaly. I'm sticking around until someone does.

1) Are you OK?
2) Have you studied it any more since you vanished?
3) Do you understand the effect any better now?
4) Does the rig from your demo still produce the effect?
5) Have you been able to replicate the effect with a different rig?
6) Can you answer any questions other replicators have been asking?

Thanks,
OC

Thanks OC for that, well perhaps the oil and gas companies are seeking him out and he's lying low? lol Let's get a few things straight here, there are other working magnetic motors with different configurations on youtube am I right? Others use electricity to powerup their rotors for perpetual motion. So why are we here? Well for me because according to Al's youtube video, the rig is shown to accelerate
WITHOUT the use of normal electricity. Perhaps its a certain type of plastic that is creating "the effect" when magnets spin fast enough? Who knows but why would AL spend countless hours to keep this thing going if it was a hoax? There probably is something there, if its too finicky to replicate then lets take this concept and use our own heads to make modifications perhaps. When we were young swinging on a swing, if we didn't do anything the swing would eventually come to a stop but if we use a slight kicking motion at the right time we gain momentum. Perhaps we can use this with our rig but in a different configuration. I'm just trying to brainstorm a little. Thoughts, comments?

Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:50 am PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@Magneto,

I certainly hope Al is still in the game, that he's hard at work doing some careful analysis right now. Lord knows I don't have what it takes to do all this on my own. All I have is a dream.

I don't know if this device can live up to the dream. But I do know there are a number of unusual phenomena that I haven't been able to find any prior records of. Maybe it's all buried in some commercial archive somewhere at Seagate Corp. or something. It sure isn't out there in the publicly available literature.

MadProf is doing some good work. Maybe we'll get some answers when those systems are completed. I hope so.

OC

Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:32 am PostPost subject:
lostcauses
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magneto
we all are still working on the ideas and possible process of this thing. a lot going on with it. I need to go back over my thread and add some to what I have been thinking and update some of the other stuff when I get some time.

Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:43 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magneto,

It is always good to get other points of view - often they will reveal obstacles that would wouldn't recognize otherwise.

Most persons don't think about swings and the physics behind it. The average physics student will just see a pendulum with a body sitting on it.

But in reality its a dual pendulum with a complex counterweight and contraction motor attached to the vertex. It is this vertex that makes it possible to start swinging from a dead stop just by shifting the balance on the counterweight. As a youngster I was suprised by how many children were unable to start swinging without first placing the swing off center by walking backwards or by having someone push them. When I tested it to see how many could it was a suprising 20% (2 out of 10) back in 1966. It would be interesting to see if the ratio has changed over time.

The brain's ability to synchronize the movements and intuitively position the hands at the vertex has always intriqued me. Some children place their hands too high, and others too low. But those with good synchronicity always grab the chains at just the right spot. Another thing I've noticed; there should be a 50/50 chance that the person will lean forward first, but experience shows otherwise. The vast majority always lay back first. Perhaps it feels safer to the young mind. Or is there a physical reason - it shifts the secondary pendulum at a greater distance? Another intuitive action.

It always takes energy to get it going. Likewise in magnetics, we may see resonant action, but it always seems to take energy to get it going. It seems that all systems have loss mechanisms and the WhiPMag is no exception. The question then is how is it possible to overcome these losses without adding new energy? In other words, why doesn't the swing slow down?

Welcome to the think tank. Very Happy

Cool

Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:48 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@Al,

You been back in the saddle for a bit now. Have you found your WhipMag yet? Have you learned anything new from or about it that you'd like to share? Have you performed any of the proposed experiments?

Does a slightly heavier rotor make any difference?

Which way does your rotor turn when the stator is turned (the event horizon test)?

Anything else you'd like to share?

OC

Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:21 pm PostPost subject:
alsetalokin
Site Admin

Mmm. I've been incredibly busy at work, and I still don't have a whole lot of endurance, so at the end of the day I pretty much crash hard.
I know where it is but I haven't unpacked it. I just brought my 'scope and other test equipment back to the dungeon this afternoon, it isn't really set up to do anything yet. It is forecast to rain tomorrow so I'll probably be stuck here all day; who knows what could happen, I hope I've got enough booze and munchies to get through the weekend.
So obviously I haven't done any new experimentation.

Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:01 am PostPost subject:
lostcauses
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

"I've got enough booze and munchies to get through the weekend. "
Enjoy.

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development
View previous topic
View next topic