How many have achieved AGW stator rotation?

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development    Page 1 of 1

Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:53 pm PostPost subject: How many have achieved AGW stator rotation?
Frank
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I believe that AGW stator rotation is the point where power being consumed becomes power being gained.

If my belief is correct it follows that anyone who achieves AGW has in fact managed to draw power from the magnetic potential, the magnetic pressure of the environment.

Of course merely achieving AGW will not guarantee the kind of continuous running that Alan has shown us.

To achieve continuous running the power input has to be greater than the power output, obviously; has to be greater in other words that the losses due to windage (air resistance), friction in the bearings, eddy currents and any other losses I haven't thought of.

If the onset of AGW does mark the point at which power is being obtained from the environment then there should be a change in the slowdown of the central rotor.

If the the slowdown rpm is reduced or ideally remains virtually constant for some seconds then power has been achieved.

My questions are therefore:-
Who has achieved AGW?
Did they experience slow down in speed of the central rotor?

instaurare omnia in Christo

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:57 pm PostPost subject:
WhiteLite
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

It's an interesting question Frank. Why does AGW synchronisation occur?

It seems unlikely to me that the devices are started in synchronisation so that indicates to me that the stator is slowing down faster than the rotor until it synchronises with rotor. The question is why doesn't the stator continue to slow down and unsynchronises with the rotor afterwards?

Perhaps during unsynchronisation magnetic viscosity is leading to an overall energy loss in the stator which stops when synch is reached? Also if energy gain is occuring during synch isn't that energy gain applied evenly to both rotor and stator? How this is applied to RPM's is dependant on the masses of both the stator and rotor I guess.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:23 pm PostPost subject:
Nentin
Contributor
Contributor

I have gotten AGW synchronization.

I have not gotten acceleration, but my rig is not 100% accurate.

It also appears that when 1 stator is in AGW Sync, that the rig itself seems to be easier to speed up.

Going to be building a few more rotors with different magnet sizes, because I could only get magnets that are n42. So I will try scale the rotor down on one and use 1/8 magnets instead of 1/4.

Also when the rig is spinning and has AGW Sync, I used some viewing film and the stator that has AGW will look way smoother then the gear wise ones.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:33 pm PostPost subject:
Frank
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Nentin wrote:
I have gotten AGW synchronization.
It also appears that when 1 stator is in AGW Sync, that the rig itself seems to be easier to speed up.

That is interesting and could be significant.
Is it repeatable and can you quantify it?

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:33 pm PostPost subject:
gaby de wilde

What do you mean with AGW?

AGW Access Gateway
AGW Accident Generated Water
AGW Actual Gross Weight
AGW All Going Well
AGW Allowable Gross Weight
AGW Alt.Games.Warbirds (forum)
AGW Anganwadi Worker (India)
AGW Anthropogenic Global Warming
AGW Application Gateway (telecom)
AGW Art Gallery of Windsor (Ontario, Canada)
AGW Atmospheric Gravity Waves
AGW Automatic Girth Welder
AGW Autonomous Guided Weapon

"All going well" stator rotation? Actual Gross Weight?

The way you use it to explain something else isn't really helping.

http://www.acousticguitarworkshop.com ?

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:11 pm PostPost subject:
JoinTheFun
Contributor
Contributor

Anti Gear Wise, stator moving in the same direction as the rotor.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:13 am PostPost subject:
gaby de wilde

Ah, ok the correct term is "contra rotating"

Or even better "counter rotating"

That's what people call it.

http://www.google.com/search?q=counter+rotating+magnets

Then get patents, magnet motors, anti gravity machines ETC ETC ETC the works.

There are 8 search results for "Anti Gear Wise". Laughing

It will be interesting to see which one of the million links you guys like most. (that was a joke)

I like this one, it's almost un-related but interesting.

ELECTRIC MOTOR UTILIZING PERMANENT MAGNETS George Fred Bode

Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:26 am PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Wrong Gaby, "contra rotating" and "counter rotating" mean the 2 devices are rotating in opposite directions (clockwise and counterclockwise). This would be "gearwise" and is the normal stator behavior when the rotor is turning. In this case we are talking about human intervention, spinning the stator opposite to its natural tendency or "anti-gearwise" (if the rotor is turning clockwise, we spin the stator clockwise). I guess it would be techincally correct to call it "contra-contra-rotating" or "counter counter rotating".

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:50 am PostPost subject:
Mr.Entropy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

overconfident wrote:
"anti-gearwise" [...] or "counter counter rotating".

corotating

Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:50 am PostPost subject:
Frank
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I like GW and AGW. They are very memorable and conjure up a graphic image Idea as far as I'm concerned.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:25 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Mr.Entropy wrote:
overconfident wrote:
"anti-gearwise" [...] or "counter counter rotating".

corotating

Thanx Mr.Entropy. I had that in my brain tucked away so deep I couldn't get it out. I knew unison was incorrect and the term AGW could not be applied with a ring gear and internal gear as this arrangement would corotate even though it is only two gears.

Corotation Very Happy
Now if I can just keep from typing coronation Confused

Of course all the replicators understand AGW Wink

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:15 pm PostPost subject:
turtles
Contributor
Contributor

Frank wrote:
I like GW and AGW. They are very memorable and conjure up a graphic image Idea as far as I'm concerned.

Yes. And it works whether you are observing from above or below.

Terry

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:26 pm PostPost subject:
RunningBare
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

turtles wrote:
Frank wrote:

Yes. And it works whether you are observing from above or below.

Terry

Hey turtle, welcome to FizzX!

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:31 pm PostPost subject:
turtles
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, matey. FizzX is fun!

Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:59 am PostPost subject:
Axle
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I'm posting my stuff over at http://www.ospmm.org/forum/ and am comfortable doing so. What I want to do at ospmm is post my 'sort-of SOBER formal presentation'...so to speak, and toss some ideas around here...

Thanks OC and Al for this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as AGW stator rotation goes...No Problems there...My 'movable by hand' stator magnet assembly was/is a great 'hands on' learning tool...after a few dozen rotor spins...and then moving the stator position around...by hand...I could 'feel my way in' to where the AGW lock happens.

I don't pretend to know all the Physics and Math involved here...and I respect those who can crunch the numbers. I've been following this thing along and trying to adapt to what others are posting...here and on the other forums.

As of this point in time...I think, the the biggest...hmmmm...error... was Al describing the rotor magnets as 1/4" dia. x 1/2" in length...When I first looked at the images of Al's rotor .. I thought .. Nope ..those are 1/4" x 3/4"...

So...I ordered 3/4" lengths .. now I think 3/4" is too long...

Someone on http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,3871.0.html noticed that also...can't remember who...too lazy to check.

Just my 'a-bit-drunken' ramblngs tonight gentlemen...GREAT STUFF...Axle

Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:32 pm PostPost subject: AGW lock
Patrick

I have achieved AGW lock but I do not notice the rotor changing speed as the latch occurs. The latch lasts for several seconds then it goes back to gearwise as the whole assembly slows down. I do not have sophisticated measurement equipment and my stators are too 'wobbly' but it's an interesting project nonetheless.
best regards--

Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:12 pm PostPost subject:
Frank
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Bruce's result reported on overunity.com is the most encouraging I have seen so far.

==============================================================
I tried the above experiment tonight with my wrong sized rotor. 9 mm distance from stator to rotor edge. Rotor 3/8" shorter than Jason's Cad drawing.

Did the above test. About 5 hours worth. I am waiting for a tach to arrive to confirm. I saw and heard the rotor accelerate almost every time. Sometimes for about 2 seconds, sometimes longer. Different configs gave me different results. Sometimes very long steady runs but no acceleration and sometimes accelerations. The first time it happened, I yelled. It scared me and I scared the wife! LOL It sounds like a little turbine. The mags shake first, and it feels like a pulse in the fingers holding the stators. And then you hear the reving sound for a couple of seconds and then it drops out.

Some runs caught two and three accelerations, at different RPM's, but that does not always happen, just random.

The rotor LOVE'S to see North and south looking at it at the same time. I had some wild configurations. And had Jason on the phone for hours. Rotor Magnets are N35's. Stator mags per spec. Cylinder mags on top of stators are N42's.

Experiment with what you have. Make sure your rotor mags are weaker. Hold the stator between the dampers and the one on the left. You can try all three once you get the hang of it. Spin the rotor clockwise very fast and off you go. You will know when "it" catches (what ever it is!)

Cylinder mags on Stator can face any way, as long as North or South are looking directly to the center rotor.

Have fun. I did. I will post a video when I find a friend with a vid camera, so be patient please. Nothing self sustained, though I did get some mighty long runs.

All of you naysayers are doomed! LOL

Cheers all,

Bruce

==============================================================

Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:53 pm PostPost subject:
jimbobway
Contributor
Contributor

The JR Replication was able to achieve about 30 seconds of AGW, but no acceleration...what can I do to make it accelerate?

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:49 am PostPost subject:
sfandbv
Contributor
Contributor

I also have achieved AGW motion with my rig. I even managed to get all three stators to move AGW by giving the rotor a spin every so often. I think the secret with AGW motion lies within the fact that the bearings generally have quite some friction when they contain factory grease. I made the bearings run at high RPM for a few hours using an electro motor and this reduced the friction significantly (?!). It is less critical with the rotor bearings as the rotor has a lot more mass.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:44 pm PostPost subject:
CLaNZeR
Contributor
Contributor

AGW is only possible with loose stator bearings, they need to be really loose so simply with a flick of your finger you can get them to the desired speed that is much faster than the Rotor.

If anyone has problems getting AGW, soak your stator magnets in thinners, blow them out with an Air line and apply very thin oil. The little buggers will spin really fast then Smile

Does not matter if the Rotor bearing is that loose apart from the looser it is then the more time to have to flick the stators to try get AGW.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:46 pm PostPost subject:
sfandbv
Contributor
Contributor

CLaNZeR, soaking the bearing in a thinner is a good idea, I was thinking about kerosene or diesel but thinner should do as well. Is it possible to blow it out if you have a closed/shielded bearing? And what do you mean with this?

Quote:

Does not matter if the Rotor bearing is that loose apart from the looser it is then the more time to have to flick the stators to try get AGW.

I don't get it, forgive me Confused

Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:06 pm PostPost subject:
CLaNZeR
Contributor
Contributor

sfandbv wrote:
CLaNZeR, soaking the bearing in a thinner is a good idea, I was thinking about kerosene or diesel but thinner should do as well. Is it possible to blow it out if you have a closed/shielded bearing? And what do you mean with this?

Quote:

I don't get it, forgive me Confused

Even with a closed bearing, soak it in thinners so it breaks up all the factory tough grease, Air will still get in when it is broken up by the thinners and clear it of the gunk.

With regards your confusion on my comment :

If the Rotor bearing is loose, you can spin it up and get a longer Wind/Spin down which will give you longer to spin the Stator backwards to try and get AGW. If the bearing is to tight then you get less time to hit the AGW.
AGW does not happen very often the first flick as most will tell you!!

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:40 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

WD-40 makes a great solvent as well. Fill up a bottle cap with it and let 'em soak for a bit.

I've experimented with different types of bearing lubes. Teflon, Lithium, Petroleum Jelly and WD-40. Surprisingly, the worst was the Teflon. It sticks around a long time, but the COD is higher than the others.

WD-40 works the best but you have re-oil frequently.

Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development
View previous topic
View next topic