Steorn Forum allows con artists free reign!

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Skeptics, sceptics, and Cynics Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:34 am PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Who, by the way, is Cyril Smith? The only one that springs to mind is the rather overweight liberal MP from Rochdale who is sadly no longer with us I believe.

Has this one any sort of scientific track record or he just another OU flake?

Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:36 pm PostPost subject:
Frank
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

exco wrote:
So far there has been NO logical argument and NO working model. Whether Grimer is right or wrong is therefore somewhat hard to decide.

Boasting about your amazing advances in iterative hierarchical mechanics does not (in my book) count for a damn thing.

Iterative Hierarchical Mechanics should count for you, since it is the key to understanding how to get energy from the magnosphere.

As for "boasting", there would seem to be no pleasing you. People ask me for references to my work. I give them - and then I am accused of boasting.
Clearly I can't win.

I'm interested to note that you are not even prepared to say whether you are a physicist or not. I'm not surprised. Rolling Eyes

Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:00 pm PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Well, where are these references then? All we got was "Thanks to my work on ..."

But as I say, I'm not terribly eager to plough through nonsense. If you can knock up a working model then perhaps it's worth it.

Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:28 pm PostPost subject:
maryyugo
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Goldes is quite incredible. I hope someday to see him in jail (or in a nut bin). @crank: if that's too strong for you, it's only my opinion and I can edit the remark.

"I wrote to Nick today about the revolutionary Magnetic Power Modules(tm) that our firm, Magnetic Power Inc., is developing. These generate electricity without any need for fuel or recharge. An early version, that is likely to be in production next year, will produce 1 kW and a pair can replace the need to plug-in to the power grid.

Later, three 25 kW units can end the need for batteries, engines or fuel-cells.
Cars equipped with these remarkable generators can eventually sell power to the utility grid when parked. For more information, see: magneticpowerinc.com
Imagine what the VOLT could accomplish be pioneering this revolutionary technology! "

On a Chevy Volt forum yet!!!!!! What hutzpah! Here (scroll down the string):

http://www.gm-volt.com/volt-discussion?forum=1&topic=8#

To understand what a thorough moron this man is, consider this:

[edit] If electricity is made energy-free, how are you going to be able to "sell power to the utility grid"? First off, there will be little or no grid. Secondly, nobody will pay for something that's free. If this doesn't help people to see what absurd, illogical, and nonsense claims come from MPI, nothing will.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:33 pm PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Still no word as to who cyril smith is.

I'd really like to know something of this man and what he does.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:55 pm PostPost subject:
maryyugo
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I think I read on Steorn's forum that Cyril Smith works with/at/for MPI and Mark Goldes. Somewhere I also remember his writing that he does it without pay-- for the glory of it and maybe some stock. Sorry--don't recall exactly and not sure it matters much! Smile

Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:53 am PostPost subject:
PennyWise
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen Cyril Smith mentioned as an "electrical engineer" and as a "physicist" but have not seen any "credentials" in relation to either. On the Steorn forum he stated:

"I am not the brains behind MPI. I am a member of MPI's "team" working as a consultant, been doing this for about 3 years. I am not under contract and never have been, I offer my services freely. I have not left that team. I am under NDA so I will not discuss MPI's work here."

On the MPI site there is a link to an article titled "Getting Energy from the Vacuum is easy" with Cyril Smith as the author.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:34 pm PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

On the MPI site there is a link to an article titled "Getting Energy from the Vacuum is easy" with Cyril Smith as the author.

If its so easy, then why the hell doesn't he do so and save us all a whole load of time.

In fact, I'd bet that it is NOT easy. Indeed it's impossible! I'd also bet that this article is yet more pseudo scientific perpetual motion bullshit.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:50 am PostPost subject:
buletov
Contributor
Contributor

exco, some of your comments always make me laugh (in a positive matter) for being
so simple and yet clear! I mean "yet more pseudo scientific perpetual motion bullshit"... LOL

Why do I think you'd like the band called Pink Punk a lot? Wink Cool

Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:50 pm PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

buletov wrote:
Why do I think you'd like the band called Pink Punk a lot? :wink: 8)

I have no idea. I've never heard of them and judging by the name probably don't ever want to. I listen to and play jazz, and punk hasn't even registered on my radar except as a distant irrelevant noise.

Sorry.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:55 am PostPost subject:
buletov
Contributor
Contributor

exco wrote:
I have no idea. I've never heard of them and judging by the name probably don't ever want to.

By referring to Pink Punk (it's not a punk or rock band at all),
I thought you'd like it since it's a spoken word thing, with a lot
of philosophy and awareness in it, like a movement. Wink

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Skeptics, sceptics, and Cynics
View previous topic
View next topic