If, at first...

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Skeptics, sceptics, and Cynics    Page 1 of 1

Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:29 pm PostPost subject: If, at first...
WaBoy
Contributor
Contributor

It appears that the Great Orbo Journey has finally come to an end. It will be a while before the True Believers reach their “Oh, my God!” moment, but it will come. Exco will bounce off the floor, walls and ceiling in few more manic spasms of “I told you so!” The rest of us will sigh, shake our heads and wonder why we spent so much time and energy on something we knew, at the outset, would have a poor outcome.

I think the answer to our self-wonder is that somehow, in some way, we were all hoping that this time it would work out, this time someone had an answer, this time our problems would be solved and prayers answered… this time our future would be assured and Armageddon avoided.

After being led into the desert by The Prophet and abandoned, most of us make our way home a little older and wiser, some of us seek other Prophets (far more interested in the seeking than in the finding) and a very few continue to preach The Word to the scorpions, beetles and dust devils as they continue to wander in that wasteland.

In the process, I’ve met some interesting people and made a few friends, so my trip, at least, has been relatively successful. For me, the search is the thing, and Steorn has only been a minor (if rather interesting) diversion. The interesting part was the forum and the various personalities thereon. It’s been a wonderful “slice of life.”

Thanks to all of you! I wish everyone well.

Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:37 pm PostPost subject:
Ping1400
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Amen.

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Skeptics, sceptics, and Cynics
View previous topic
View next topic