Another disappointment for the believers

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Skeptics, sceptics, and Cynics    Page 1 of 1

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:20 pm PostPost subject: Another disappointment for the believers
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Looks like a huge flop after all the excitement. Far from a working machine, churning out infinite power, I think all we'll see is the stupid toy they have exhibeted months ago, which, after you have primed it with an unmeasured quantity of energy, can be used to turn a weight.

Progress? Nil! Zilch! Nothing!

Last time I looked all I could see was an extreme telephoto shot of some scaffolding, and the london eye on one of the four cameras. The others were disconnected.

After a few minutes of watching to see if I could see any believers like crank or bobcat hurling themselves off the giant ferris wheel, I chucked it in as a bad job.

Apart from minute coverage in one or two irish newspapers, the press has shown no interest whatsoever in this, and who can blame them. No news from the jury - if it exists - nor drmike. It is - surprise surprise - an enormous non-event!

Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:46 pm PostPost subject:
Thicket
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I find it hugely entertaining. I've been laughing all morning. Even without a load, they can't get their device to move!! That's hilarious. I kinda hope they get that plastic wheel moving so I can laugh at the Oooo's and Ahhhh's from the few believers that are left.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:43 pm PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I wonder what bobcat, 007, and crank and the rest of the motley crew think?

What a pity it is disrupted by light, too. This puts something of a damper on its use I feel. Curious that it seems to work in the land of the leprachauns though, even in daylight. And curious that the jury of experts did not realise this irritating flaw in it's design before now.

I suggest that the company adopt a strategy developed by a Mr Harold Corbett, many years ago to sort out recalictrant machinery. You require a short, highly polished length of dowel painted black, and a hand puppet in the form of a small bear.

In conjunction with said bear, the words "Izzy Wizzy, lets get busy!" are confidently recited and the machine is given three firm taps with the rod. I have seen this used many times on television, and the results have never failed to be less than remarkable.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:29 pm PostPost subject:
Thicket
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Babcat's faith may be shaken, but probably not for long. He's been made moderator of the Steorn forums -- what a hoot Laughing

Crank is moderating, but hasn't said too much about the July farce. She never was a true believer of the over-unity claim. She's a true believer of Sean McCarthy.

Magnatrix, 007 and Eman8 are silent for the moment. I doubt that this is permanent. 'Minor' setbacks like this are only a tiny bump to indoctrinated, hero-worshipping, fantasy-believers.

Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:02 am PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I think you're probably right. It reminds me of these cults that - from time to time - determine that the world is to come to an end on a particular day.

They assemble at dawn (it is usually predicted to occur at sparrows-fart) to meet their maker. So far, it has never happened, but nobody seems to admit it's all hokum, they merely retire to recheck their calculations when the world simply carries on as before.

Also, I have been thinking of the fact that the press has taken no interest in this affair whatsoever. Could it be, I wonder, that the hacks have long ago - by bribes or drinking with the employees - determined that it is total nonsense and gone off to cover more interesting stories?

I was severely taken to task by the woman crank on one occasion for saying 'Put up or shut up!' to the CEO. Apparently this was an extremely disrespectful way to treat the great man who clearly was an individual of enormous integrity. Well, maybe. But it's a pity he didn't take some notice as it would have saved him the toe-curling embarassment of this expensive and public humiliation now.

One wonders whether this is not time for the mysterious jury to step in and either save the situation, or put the boot into the company.

What fun!

Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:41 am PostPost subject:
Ping1400
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

It has been great entertainment for the last few days. I truly enjoyed the show.
They screwed up so hugely, I almost cannot believe it was unintentionally.

I'm getting the feeling that it used to work only when one specific engineer was around. And that engineer is not involved in the demo right now. And that engineer is laughing his ass off right now, while counting his money.

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Skeptics, sceptics, and Cynics
View previous topic
View next topic