something I posted and want saved

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Saved Posts (Steorn)    Page 1 of 1

Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:39 pm PostPost subject: something I posted and want saved
capeguy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

So you move a piece of iron very slowly into a magnetic field you get perfect unity of energy in and energy out...ok As you gradually speed it up you see a net loss of energy due to induction of eddy/electrical currents with the iron. Now as we continue to speed up there begins a drop in the induced electrical current due to lag in the aglingment within the iron. This must equate to a curve, perhaps the BH curve?? hmmm starts at zero and ends up at less than zero?? maybe because the speed of the rotor begins to match a timing sequence of realignment within the iron..... in other words the rotor spins the iron back into attraction position before the alignment reverts to neutral/negative?....thus getting an attraction at approach which then starts the cycle over again but with a gain in force and speed??

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:19 pm PostPost subject:
avid_engineer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thats an interesting train of thought. So are you suggesting that the rotor would have to be moving at a fixed and very specific speed to observe an over unity effect?

I presume this is from the Kinetica presentation discussion on Steorn.net which i have been trying hard to keep up with Smile

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:39 am PostPost subject:
babcat
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I just wanted to say that it seems like Sean is about to reveal the magnetic effect sometime soon. For the past several days he has been openly giving hint after hint and asking a ton of questions.

I'm guessing that before too long he will reveal it.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:32 pm PostPost subject:
techctr

Hi Babcat;
Are you able to connect to the Forum today (Tuesday, Jan. 2)? I am unable to.
Many thanks,
Techctr

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:26 pm PostPost subject:
avid_engineer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

On topic... now heres something i want saved Smile

The following quotes are made by Sean during the Google spreadsheet session. You can find my copy of (most of) the transcript at the following link:

http://www.fictionary.co.uk/sheet1_comments.html

Important quotes (final one being key):

sean.mccarthy: when a ferro magnetic material is placed in a field there is a certain time period that must past before it reaches its B-H point. this time period is determined by the materials magnetic viscosity so if you start out of a field and move really quickly through it you will experience very little magnetic force.

sean.mccarthy: now if you start in the field (and the lag time has expired), the material remains a strong magnet for a period after the field is gone.

sean.mccarthy: so you could say that the magnetic material is 'charged' to its BH point while in a field (or not) and retains that 'charge' for a finite period.

sean.mccarthy: this is somewhat simplied but does give a reasonable explanation of the lag period.

sean.mccarthy: so now how to use it????

sean.mccarthy: no, you need to think about shapping a field where you can charge and discharge at the right points!

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:25 am PostPost subject:
GregL
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that AE
I had been somewhat daunted at the thought of catching up from the Steorn forum from when I left it at 7.30pm yesterday.
I'm happy to skip quite a bit after your comments.

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:11 pm PostPost subject: hmmm
capeguy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

so we are down to lag, timing and shaping of magnetic fileds to take advantage of the lag.... sounds simple to me

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:22 pm PostPost subject:
avid_engineer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Simple in concept i guess, so far, but complex in engineering terms in order to be effective. Sean's previous claims about the technology are slowly being realised now in detail Smile

... and still much more to go!

View previous topic
View next topic