Alsetalokin

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development    Page 1 of 1

Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:38 pm PostPost subject: Alsetalokin
jwk
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Al,
I hope your well and the holidays were good for you.

It's been a while but over on the steorn forum you hinted that Earthtech might be taking a look at a certain device and they had asked you to 'consult' on it.

I wondered if you ended up 'saving on the postage' and how it all went ..if it did at all ?

Best of,

jwk.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:59 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Do you have a link to that 'hint' ?

Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:41 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

http://www.steorn.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=61168&page=3#Item_6

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:18 am PostPost subject:
aber0der
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if the following two videos are related to ocpmm but I think you might be entertained in one way or another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpoTGdbcUzE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX-jrlGC-aA

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:41 pm PostPost subject:
lostcauses
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

aber0der
I have tried such with the whip mag, I doubt it is what is doing it.. To get a non contact with the bottom plate would be the trick,

yet there are them rubber grommets in between the spindle and the base..

He is not the only one who can generate static electricity, lol

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:18 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

lostcauses wrote:
aber0der
I have tried such with the whip mag, I doubt it is what is doing it.. To get a non contact with the bottom plate would be the trick,

yet there are them rubber grommets in between the spindle and the base..

He is not the only one who can generate static electricity, lol

But stainless steel is a very good conductor, and the spindle is held with them - yes? So any charge on the base surface (insulator) will flow through the screws (conductor) to the spindle (conductor) and it would share the same charge - evenly distrbuted. The entire bottom of the rotor would then adopt an opposite charge except where leakage at the spindle occurs. This situation would cause loading on the upper spindle bearing due to the plate attraction and the charge would be symmetrical around the spindle axis. Therefore trying to drive the rotor electrostatically by induction does not solve the puzzle.

Have we exhausted the possibilites within our power to investigate? If so, then perhaps we should set a time limit on the puzzle - like the end of February, and concede that Al has stumped us all with this one. What say you Al, if we fail to solve by March 1st, thereby conceding that you are the better man, will you share the answer? Very Happy Of course, if any wish to continue with the puzzle then I would understand.

Cool

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:41 am PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:
What say you Al, if we fail to solve by March 1st, thereby conceding that you are the better man, will you share the answer? :D Of course, if any wish to continue with the puzzle then I would understand.

Personally, I can't see giving up until I have some answers, however long that takes. I do see myself moving further away from the Alsetalokin device, although there are still a few things I still want to try. I plan to start making some progress towards my original concept with latches and pivots.

OC

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development
View previous topic
View next topic