What Steorn is "up-to".

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Skeptics, sceptics, and Cynics    Page 1 of 1

Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:10 am PostPost subject: What Steorn is "up-to".
Scott in Chicago
Contributor
Contributor

What is Steorn up to?

Well, this is all....just my opinion.

Without making this long and drawn out by matching point by point all the things Steorn has done over the last year with my theory of what they are actually up to...I'll get right to it.

Remember that they can not patent a natural phenomenon. That is the basis for all of their weird behavior.

Working from a position that they have an over-unity machine (from the perspective of modern physics it is over-unity, and ignores the possibility of it working off of cosmic background radiation, ZPE, or dark matter) we have to realize that with any natural phenomenon their may be multiple ways to utilize it to do work. Just look at all the items out there now which tap electricity to do work. The number of ways that this new phenomenon can be used may be in the thousands. It may turn out that their are tens of thousands of ways to use this natural effect (look at all the different methods we have to generate electricity; nuclear, solar, wind, etc. These machines all generate electricity which is an unpatentable phenomenon). In other words, there may be tens of thousands of different configurations possible to utilize it. Steorn can not possibly find them all and they can't patent the phenomenon either. So what do you do when your two years into this project and your tech guys come along and say..."we have come to the conclusion that we can't patent all the possible different configurations that tap the phenomenon? We can try and find the best configurations so far, but Sean I have to tell you it is possible for someone to come along and make just one small change in the designs and they will have nullified our patents and could sell their own versions."
When it comes to patents all one needs to do is make one or two small changes in a known design and not only can you patent your new configuration but if you market it there isn't anything the other company can do to stop you because you made a change that makes your new product different enough from theirs. OMG you discover the greatest thing for mankind and you can’t effectively corner the market because it’s a natural phenomenon that everyone has a right to pursue. All one needs to do is make just one small change that makes the design "different".

So if this is the news you are given, what do you do to protect the discovery of the natural phenomenon and your versions of tapping it. Well, one thing you don't do is show it to everyone cause all they have to do is copy it then make one or two small changes... like placing the magnets at a different distance from each other, or at a slightly different angle, or use a different material that affects the design, or a different kind of magnet, or a system of gears that makes it run different. That explains why no one in the public has seen a working device. It explains why they "pulled" the demo (don't need other companies replicating it and making that one small change just yet) Oh, if your thinking it's too late because they already showed the non working design. Forget that. No company would put resources into copying their model since it didn't work. Simply put, the Demo was too soon for them and they realised it at the last minute.

So let me rap this up because I have to go and get laid, and that takes a backseat to everything.

They are gathering top scientists to validate the device, but out of the public view. This way they can go to potential buyers and say “we have validation of the phenomenon”. That is what Steorn is really trying to validate. Not the product, but the phenomenon. Then they turn to potential buyers like an automaker and say…"look the phenomenon is real we have world recognition of it. Oh and by the way here are several patented designs you can use to exploit the phenomenon to make your cars run. But make sure you sign the exclusivity and non-compete clause". (Steorn doesn’t want big automaker to make changes and come up with their own design thereby pushing Steorn out of the picture/profits).

Remember this is all about money….it always has been. Sure the hell aint about Africa.

That should be enough theory for everyone to cross match to all of Steorn’s behavior.

I have already been band from Steorn’s forum. But if anyone wants to cut and past this onto Steorn’s site you definitely have my permission. Feel free.

Scott

Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:53 am PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Scott

Why don't you simply accept the obvious. Storn have nothing.

Whether it was an attempted scam, or just stupidity is of little interest really. There is no such thing as 'over unity', they cannot demonstrate it, and I have yet to hear the name of a single member of their 'jury' or see any evidence that it ever existed.

It is most unlikely that any 'top scientist' would take them seriously without a working device and my bet is that the invitation to take part attracted only flakes.

Its over. Forget it!

Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:35 pm PostPost subject:
Scott in Chicago
Contributor
Contributor

You have mistaken my theory for belief.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:31 pm PostPost subject:
maryyugo
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Quote:

So let me rap this up because I have to go and get laid,

Hey Scott,

You're such a hopeless romantic. Your girlfriend must be so lucky!

Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:43 am PostPost subject:
WaBoy
Contributor
Contributor

@Scott in Chicago

[The following is a simple explanation of what is needed for a patent and why. If you wish to pick nits in the details, feel free, but I’m not likely to respond. If I’ve made an egregious error, I’ll apologize now.]

The American Heritage Dictionary defines patent (in part) as:
Noun: 1a. Grants made by a government that confers upon the creator of an invention the sole right to make, use, and sell that invention for a set period of time. b. Letters patent. c. An invention protected by such a grant.
Adjective: 1, a. Protected or conferred by a patent or letters patent: a patent right. b. Of, relating to, or dealing in patents: patent law. 2. Obvious; plain.
Transitive Verb: 1. To obtain a patent on or for (an invention, for example). 2. To invent, originate, or be the proprietor of (an idea, for example). 3. To grant a patent to or for.
Etymology: Latin patēns, patent-, open, present participle of patēre, to be open.

Patents are generally granted for an “invention which must be new, inventive, and useful or industrially applicable.” Obviously, sunshine, wind and falling water are natural occurrences or processes and are not patentable. However, a photovoltaic cell, a windmill, an electrical generator or sluice gate is patentable. Patents are valid for a limited period of time, usually between 7 and 20 years, depending on circumstances. This is to prevent an individual, corporation, or estate from blocking improvements in perpetuity. Eventually, all patents become public domain.

Perpetual motion machines (aka, PMMs, OUs and other monikers) are not patentable because they cannot demonstrate a naturally occurring source of energy for work performed. In short, energy can neither be created nor destroyed; it can only be changed in form. The PMM must also be demonstrable and replicable, something at which Steorn has failed – very publicly.

Further, there is the potential for electrical energy in sunshine, wind and falling water, just as there is the potential for electrical energy in cosmic background radiation, Zero Point Energy or interacting magnetic fields. However it takes something to convert that potential into electrical energy. In the case of wind, a windmill converts the kinetic energy of wind into mechanical kinetic energy by using blades, which, in turn, is converted into electrical energy by use of interacting magnetic fields in a generator, which, in turn… and so on.

Sean (or Shaun, he’s known by both) McCarthy claimed, through Steorn Corporation, to have broken the Laws of Thermodynamics with a functioning device that produced more energy output than energy input, essentially a PMM with energy left over – an over-unity (OU) energy generator. He also claimed that Steorn had a functional machine. It’s important to remember he claimed to have a functional machine.

Anyone with more than two neurons and the ability to read can see the immediate implications: free energy; that is, energy left over after that used to run the machine – a machine whose efficiency exceeds 100 percent.

Now McCarthy/Steorn is on the horns of a dilemma. If a patent is submitted without a working model, the patent is dismissed out of hand. If a working model is submitted, the patent becomes public (by definition and law) before it is granted. You can bet that no patent application would be more carefully scrutinized or replicated, thanks to Mr. McCarthy’s braggadocio.

But then, the cat’s out of the bag and everybody’s brother is building a replica. The patent offices in nearly every country allow a model of the patented machine to be legally built for purposes of testing. I would personally build a 30kW model for long-term testing – twenty years or more. If McCarthy/Steorn decides to build and sell a “black box” unit, I suspect it would be reverse engineered in 30 days or less.

So, what can be done? 1) Steorn patents the machine and faces millions of “test” machines built from public copies of the patent; or 2) Steorn doesn’t patent the machine, licenses one or more manufacturers to build them, and faces back-engineering without patent protection. There are lesser alternatives, but these will have essentially the same results, only somewhat delayed.

Now, if Steorn actually had a working machine, the first choice is the best. They could make enough money in the first year to feel like they owned the presses. The patent copiers would be a trivial amount, because they can only make a few at a time. Steorn could license hundreds of manufacturers to produce millions of inexpensive energy generators and everyone who could, would buy. How many steaks can you eat, how much whiskey can you drink, how many cars can you drive and in how many houses can you live?

But, there’s the catch. If Steorn had demonstrated a functional machine in July, they’d still be digging out from under the piles of cash heaped on them for a chance at buying stock in the company.

They didn’t do it.

They could have been the ecological saviors of the world.

They didn’t do it.

They could have received every imaginable award, any dispensation.

They didn’t do it.

So, Mr. Scott-in-Chicago, do you think McCarthy/Steorn still has something? Would you share it?

Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:02 am PostPost subject:
Scott in Chicago
Contributor
Contributor

You would have to be evil not to share it instantly knowing the immediate life saving effect it would have on thousands of people around the world.

No I don't think they have anything. I think they made a mistake somewhere that falsely lead them to think they had found a new phenomenon. I mean they only discovered how to make a simple continuously spinning PMM in the last few months? It was only like 5 months ago they said they were "working on" making continuous motion machines; which implies they didn’t have any yet. Why did it take so long (3 years) to design a simple spinning disc based on the so called Steorn effect? That is either another example of bad management, or they never had anything in the first place…nothing usable.

Also…

If this is true..."Perpetual motion machines (aka, PMMs, OUs and other monikers) are not patentable because they cannot demonstrate a naturally occurring source of energy for work performed."

Then this is not relevant..."Patents are valid for a limited period of time, usually between 7 and 20 years, depending on circumstances. This is to prevent an individual, corporation, or estate from blocking improvements in perpetuity. Eventually, all patents become public domain.”

Which either means Steorn have no patent’s at all and lied or no argument in court to prevent other companies from making their own free energy machines using just a slightly different design. Steorn can’t claim that the competing company is copying their way to tap free energy because they didn’t get a patent for that. All they got was a patent for a design with certain specific measurements and functions. But another company can make changes in a number of ways that make a new product look or operate differently to create energy based on the phenomenon (because the phenomenon can’t be patented and their may be thousands of different configurations where one can get a few magnets to rub past each other in a way that creates a small over unity energy spike. (If you believe it in the first place).

Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:13 am PostPost subject: Did you see the part
Scott in Chicago
Contributor
Contributor

maryyugo wrote:
Quote:

So let me rap this up because I have to go and get laid,

Hey Scott,

You're such a hopeless romantic. Your girlfriend must be so lucky!

@maryyugo

Did you see the part where I said... "and that takes a backseat to everything". ...Now that's romantic. ;}

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:00 pm PostPost subject:
ElectricSmoke
Contributor
Contributor

I have to say at first I had an open mind about steorns claims, but so much time has passed sinde the failed public demo that I can no longer belive they have anything. a simple device should not take months to improve if bearings was the only setback.

I guess time will tell. How much time is unknown.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:19 am PostPost subject:
maryyugo
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Quote:
I guess time will tell.
Time has already told. Sad

Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:00 pm PostPost subject:
ElectricSmoke
Contributor
Contributor

maryyugo wrote:
Quote:
I guess time will tell.
Time has already told. Sad

LOL! you're right.

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Skeptics, sceptics, and Cynics
View previous topic
View next topic