Bash my motor!

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Inventor's Corner    Page 1 of 1

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:32 pm PostPost subject: Bash my motor!
babcat
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I have several ideas bouncing around in my head and I'm going to post them here. The problem I'm having is I see potential sticky spots everywhere and don't know if my ideas would allow the rotor to push past them or not.

I also want to say that probably many countless thousands of people have tried these designs to see them fail. So please quickly debunk any of these which would obviously not work.

Here is one idea.

You have a disc for a rotor. You have a permanent magnet with north facing outwards. The disc would move clockwise. On the stator you would have a series of of magnets getting closer and closer to the rotor. These magnets would have their south pole towards the rotor. The rotor would be attracted to these magnets and accelerate. However, near the end you would have a slightly larger permanent magnet with the north pole facing towards the rotor. Basically, in this idea the rotor arm picks up speed by being attracted to the southward facing magnets which would push it past the sticky point of the northward facing stator magnet to allow it to get a push and gain energy each cycle.

What do you think about that idea?

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:44 pm PostPost subject:
WhiteLite
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Interesting idea, in fact I've seen a video of this very device on Google. It seemed to work but I think they were using an electromagnet as the moving magnet, (which is cheating!)

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:51 pm PostPost subject:
babcat
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

My concern is that the magnets with the south poles facing toward the rotor will not accelerate it fast enough to overcome a potential sticky spot of the final *south* poled magnet (remember, these magnets progressively become closer to the rotor) or to push the rotor past the final magnet with the north pole facing the rotor.

You actually have a youtube video of this? I would love to see it.

Actually, I just found it here.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2703180506289064827&q=magnet+motor&hl=en

Yes, it does seem like they are using an electromagnet. That is HUGE cheating because they can pulse it to overcome the sticky point. What I am curious about is if the electromagnet was replaced with a regular permanent magnet would it still work?

Last edited by babcat on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:53 pm PostPost subject:
WhiteLite
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

It was on Google video and I got the link from someone on the Steorn forum. I don't have it any more though. Sad

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:59 pm PostPost subject:
babcat
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I have the link in my previous post by the way!

What I'm wondering is if it would be possible to overcome the sticky spot if you were using a permanent magnet in such a setup instead of an electromagnet. You see, with the electromagnet you can pulse it to overcome the sticky spot. But with a permanent magnet you cannot do that. What I need to know is if the acceleration from the preceeding south pole facing magnets would be enough to overcome the sticky point of the final south pole facing magnet and probably more importantly the final north pole facing magnet.

If it would not be enough then my goal would be to find a way to get the rotor through the sticky point with permanent magnets only.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:05 pm PostPost subject:
WhiteLite
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

According to physics it's not supposed to be possible to get out of the cog with less energy than it took to get in. An OU device basically does something it's not supposed to do therefore I think you will have a hard time coming up with a logical idea to get past the cog. OU devices are illogical by nature and it really comes down to building something conventional that produces an anomoly.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:18 pm PostPost subject:
babcat
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

You see, I'm an amateur even at conventional science and physics. I don't even know where the sticking points would be with conventional science. If you could point out the locations to me I would appreciate it. By knowing where the obstacles would be in conventional science I can know exactly what I'm up against and can think of ways around it.

View previous topic
View next topic