3D concept design services?

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Steorn Technology Two: Permanent Magnet Motor (Only Permanent Magnets)    Page 1 of 1

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:24 pm PostPost subject: 3D concept design services?
Jowik
Contributor
Contributor

I think that it will be very useful, to help prevent disparate and parallel communications on the concepts of designs based on what information we have on Steorn's secret OU device, to communicate concept designs by 3D graphics. I can get around CAD and other design software fairly well, but not well enough (nor do I have the CPU power) to do useful animations. I will attempt some though if it is required for conceptualization.

I offer my services for 3D concepts approached by some of the members here and I will attempt to create it in 3D for everyone else.

If anyone else is professional in 3D design software, I would gather that your services would probably be better than mine... nonetheless, I will try to re-create any descriptive with a crude diagram for any posters here.. Let me know.

I hope that this will help progress things faster to get good enough designs in here to start prototyping!

Cheers,

John

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:42 pm PostPost subject:
drichardson
Site Admin

A fine idea.

As an extra:

For those willing to learn some simple (and free) 3d animation software:

http://www.anim8or.com/

Anim8or is a very small (<1.44mb) 3d animation program that is fairly easy to use. I do advise, however, that you walk through the tutorial if you're not familiar with 3d animation as the details can get a bit sticky.

Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:46 pm PostPost subject:
WhiteLite
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys!

Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:56 pm PostPost subject:
babcat
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

That is a fantastic idea. I'm sure many of us will really appreciate your services. Sometimes word pictures just don't represent ideas clearly enough. A 3D design sure can help at times.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:52 am PostPost subject:
clovis ray20
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Drichardison

i think it might be helpful for
me at least, to have a 3d model of the lines of flux of a few different shape's and sizes of magnets.
and maybe some showing what they look like when they interact. if it's not to much .

Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:06 am PostPost subject:
drichardson
Site Admin

clovis ray20,

This was posted in another thread:

http://www.ansoft.com/maxwellsv/

I don't think it's 3d, though it may help.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:23 pm PostPost subject:
breeze
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All.

I am a professional designer fulltime and am also available to model some concepts. I have been experimenting with rotor and stator designs myself for the last 2 years and have a pretty good idea of what doesn't work Wink
If anyone is interested in learning to model as well I can suggest some really straight forward thinking software for the beginner and give some help.
I won't be around next week,( hunting season here in canada but will return on nov13th.)
Good luck all. I'm sure I'll have some reading to catch up on when I return.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:39 pm PostPost subject:
clovis ray20
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

thanks Dr
i will take a look

Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:50 pm PostPost subject:
avid_engineer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

drichardson,

You are correct in assuming Maxwell SV is only 2D. If anyone can suggest software which can model 3D flux lines and simulate / animate movement an all axis i would be a happy man Smile

I know the stuff exists, if you have the money. I am not aware of an affordable or freeware solution though.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:20 am PostPost subject:
nova

Awesome, I was looking for some software like that, thanks for the link. I am an experienced 3d modeler, animator, and programmer. I'm just as stoked about finding a useful source of free energy as anyone here. Blender is a very good piece of open source software for everything 3d, and then some. I might try to extend blender with the capability to generate magnetic field vector splines. But, not exactly sure how it's going to work out just yet. If anyone has a reference to an algorithm to plot magnetic fields, that would be MOST helpful. At any rate.. I'll be sure to post here if I ever get around to it. Otherwise, let me know if you're interested in learning a little more about blender.. It would be great for the visualizations you're looking for.

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Steorn Technology Two: Permanent Magnet Motor (Only Permanent Magnets)
View previous topic
View next topic