Death and decay in all around I see...

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Skeptics, sceptics, and Cynics    Page 1 of 1

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:56 pm PostPost subject: Death and decay in all around I see...
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Even chucking everyone who is not a total believer off the steorn forum has not been enough to quell the doubts.

I reckon the feeble performance from the MD on the 13th has worried even the most faithful. The strong impression I got from looking through said forum is that all is not well, and even the high priests are beginning to waver.

Not that it makes much difference except to the egos involved. The thing either works or it doesn't. If they can't display a working machine, the jig's up, and we can all go home.

Is there anyone who really thinks that we''ll see anything other than a seris of miserable excuses in July?

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:41 pm PostPost subject:
Thicket
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Some people invest so much emotional capital into a belief that they cannot let it go, despite overwhelming evidence. When the July Farce craters, there will be a handful of believers that will remain staunch in their support of Steorn. It's kinda fun guessing who those will be. Here's my list.

Babcat - Number one for sure. He is a complete and total hero worshipper.

007 - He'd believe even if fraud was shown. He'd resort to conspiracy theories to justify his belief.

Energyman 8 - He'd believe because he's not bright enough to understand why he shouldn't.

Magnatrix - She's confident in the infallibility of her psychology background. She 'knows' that she can't be wrong about Sean McCarthy.

GrantHodges - He has faith. No proof required.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:50 pm PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Yes, this is a good start to the list.

What happened to 'Grimer' by the way? He of the 'Gamma atmosphers' We've not heard much from him recently.

Talking of dodgy physics, it seems drmike is going to dublin to view the machine! That should be interesting. Almost as interesting as his claim to be able to build a spaceship given infiite power. Now I'd REALLY like to see how he proposes to do that!

Reaction mass is the major problem, not energy, but I guess he could convert some of the energy to mass (god knows how) and fire that out at high speed, but at E=mc^2 he's running up a down escalator I feel. Particularly at 0.5W/cc.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:51 pm PostPost subject:
jwk
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Grimer aka Frank is in the spdc. He is confident Steorn have what they say.

As for your list, do not forget Crank, her opinion of herself varies greatly from her own actions and the opinion of others.

As troubled as Babcat is i would have a small hope he would, in the face of obvious evidence, back away and chalk up another disapointment.

Eman8 ...hahaha. If he is real he deserves all he gets. But lets face it, he's not. He can't be...no-one can be that stupid and be able to use a keyboard surely ?

Magnatrix...well....there's a story.

etc...

Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:34 am PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Crank has appeared to have lost faith too. There has been very little from her since the announcement, such as it was.

Perhaps, as she lives in Dublin, she has heard something worrying about the affair. I think the dream is rapidly turning into a nightmare.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:47 am PostPost subject:
babcat
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have to say that I'm still completely confident Steorn is indeed totally legitimate and their technology is real.

If anything, I'm even more convinced.

The evidence is overwhelming.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:51 am PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Well, it's nice for you that you believe it works. But I'm afraid 'belief' is not what this is about.

Its about a repeatable demonstration, and publication of enough detail for people to see for themselves how it's done so they can investigate it a convince themselves a little mor scientifically.

So far, nobody's been given anything, apart from a vague estimate of how much power 'might' be produced if they could get it running continuously which they can't.

So where this 'overwhelming' evidence is, is somewhat baffling.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:34 am PostPost subject:
babcat
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

The evidence is indeed overwhelming, period.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:38 am PostPost subject:
Ping1400
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

babcat wrote:

Ok, you convinced me.

Last edited by Ping1400 on Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:08 pm PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Well, where is it? I'd be happy to be overwhelmed if you could point to a single particle of it.

So far all I've seen is a poor video of a ridiculous toy that can be primed to raise a weight when triggered by very little energy - something any fule kno how to do - and a salesman promising miracles and contradicting himself all the time. Even the salesman doesn't claim continuous output, and the whole thing has been characterised by a miserable series of evasions, cancellations and disappointments.

If you mean the evidence for it NOT working is overwhelming, I'd agree with you!

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:27 pm PostPost subject:
WhiteLite
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

babcat wrote:

I agree with you. It's getting very interesting! Wink

Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:25 am PostPost subject:

Thicket wrote:
Some people invest so much emotional capital into a belief that they cannot let it go, despite overwhelming evidence. When the July Farce craters, there will be a handful of believers that will remain staunch in their support of Steorn. It's kinda fun guessing who those will be. Here's my list.

007 - He'd believe even if fraud was shown. He'd resort to conspiracy theories to justify his belief.

In response to your previous post Thicket.

All of my thoughts on Steorn are based on researching, interacting and reading about Steorn. They are a legitimate company with a legitimate product. Only time will convince people like you of this, so I will not bother trying to convince you're overtly skeptical brain otherwise.

But do not think you can make inaccurate comments about me and get away with it.

You or anyone else still cannot prove to me how money would change hands, so your idea that it's a scam actually sounds more ludicrous than a PM machine.

LOL

Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:25 pm PostPost subject:
alsetalokin
Site Admin

007 wrote:

You or anyone else still cannot prove to me how money would change hands, so your idea that it's a scam actually sounds more ludicrous than a PM machine.

LOL

Now that _is_ hilarious. Thicket can't show how Steorn would profit from a scam, and that's _more_ ludicrous than a PM machine! Therefore we should disbelieve Thicket and believe 007 and Steorn!
Only a person unversed in the history of PMMs and scams could make such a statement.

(By the way, I just looked outside my front door--there isn't anyone there at all--once again, experimental data refutes an absurd claim.)

Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:17 pm PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

007 convincing himself it's all true doesn't constitute evidence. Neither does a plausible salesman from the company, nor does the absence of a scam.

It is perfectly possible to have all the company employees genuinely convinced they have something, and for them all to be wrong.

Evidence is a working Perpetual motion machine. All the rest is froth.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:44 am PostPost subject:

So basically, none of you can prove anything. Just jump up and down and shout scam all day long - hilarious.

I'm going to enjoy it greatly on validation day. I expect Thicket and all his little lackies will do a disappearing act and pretend that somehow they were just misunderstood.

Very Happy

Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:46 am PostPost subject:

alsetalokin wrote:
007 wrote:

LOL

Now that _is_ hilarious. Thicket can't show how Steorn would profit from a scam, and that's _more_ ludicrous than a PM machine! Therefore we should disbelieve Thicket and believe 007 and Steorn!
Only a person unversed in the history of PMMs and scams could make such a statement.

(By the way, I just looked outside my front door--there isn't anyone there at all--once again, experimental data refutes an absurd claim.)

I'm not asking you to believe anything, but what would be good is If you'd try and regain independent thought by taking your head out of Thicket's butt for a moment.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:53 am PostPost subject:
alsetalokin
Site Admin

Ho Ho 007. I won't take offense at your rudeness, but I will point out that it is truly ironic that you quote Margaret Mead in your signature. She, too, was duped into believing false "data" by a couple of giggling Samoan schoolgirls, who took her down a garden path of falsehoods and scam. But at least she got a Ph.D. thesis and years of adulation out of it--even though she was totally wrong and is no longer very well respected in the anthropological community--precisely because she took the claims of the girls at face value and wasn't skeptical enough actually to check and research their claims.

But I don't depend on mere ad hominem (or in this case ad feminem) arguments. Even her statement that you quote is easily refutable: to wit, plague, famine, flood, glaciation, asteroid impact, etc. all have had much more effect on the course of events, human and otherwise, throughout the history of our planet, than any efforts of groups of determined persons.

Now, as far as Thicket and the location of my head, I assure you that I am a real scientist and I would like to think that all this time and money hasn't been wasted. Unfortunately, once again, the data do not support that position.

And not once have I been anywhere near the location you specified. Why, as far as I am aware, I have never even met Thicket, but I respect quality research and the reporting thereof, and I congratulate Thicket in this regard.

I would be glad to hear about any research that you, 007, have conducted.
(Reading Steorn forum threads and links therefrom doesn't count for much.)

Last edited by alsetalokin on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:22 am PostPost subject:
exco
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

What 007 doesn't realise is that the onus is on the believers like him to substantiate their barmy beliefs, not on disbelievers to disprove them.

My theory is that having raise enough cash from investors to grubstake the company during the 'validation' of their claim, the aim is to keep the thing going as long as possible, whilst they pick up a generous monthly salary. This would at least explain the stream of delaying tactics, the generation of 'public interest' with ridiculous NDAs, the 'spud' club, promised revelations that fall flat etc.

What proof do I have for all this. Exactly the same as steorn's proof that they have 'free energy' None whatsoever. Simply a working hypothesis that best explains the facts until somethingbetter comes along.

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Skeptics, sceptics, and Cynics
View previous topic
View next topic