Abeling Gravity Motor

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | Inventor's Corner Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:10 am PostPost subject:
chrisbis
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

As i was saying before duty called!!

Im imagining this simple (simplified) sketch just to get us all started on the same page.

IMME, (in my minds eye)
Take two wheels/disks- prob quite large in dia.
Mount them vertically, on the same horizontal shaft.
Seperate them with a spacer/cylinder (say making the gap one tenth of the disk dia)
Also mounted, between each disk and this spacer, is a simple device, like that that
changes the pitch on helicopter rotor blades, (poss two wedged shaped washers)

So thats two wedged washers trapped on the inside of each disk either end of the spacer.

Set the wheel in motion (prob extremely fast), and in some form of capture/retention device, the balls/spheres are held near to the periphery of the wheels, trapped between them.

The wheel rotates, and the balls now have a potential exit velocity if they were released- obviously tangengial in vector.

The wheels/disks now seperate slightly at the bottom left hand corner (approx 110") (7 ocloock) by convention labelling, by means of the wedge shaped washers turning slightly to displace the wheels fractionally and releasing one or more of the balls/spheres.

These masses then travel via a chute/groove around and back to the starting gate
of the wheel and thus re-enter the system still containing most of their exiting momentum and velocity.

(someone enlighten me on how to put a drawing on this forum, cause i
can draw bettter than i can explain!!)

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:36 am PostPost subject:
chrisbis
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey,

Yes my first thought was how the circuit falling ball was going to lift the combined weight of the
'stack' of balls as well as the frictional resistance of the retaining gate.
Only way it could be done is for the stack of balls to be such as they float in a liquid
within a retaining chamber but this has been tried many times befive and works only in theory, not in real world.

Its the classic case of balance, and OU produced on one side of any system in order for it to continue with perpetum.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:02 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

chrisbis wrote:

Yes my first thought was how the circuit falling ball was going to lift the combined weight of the 'stack' of balls as well as the frictional resistance of the retaining gate.

There are 2 factors to consider:

1) The momentum of the ball departing the wheel. This will increase geometrically with wheel speed. At a certain speed, the kinetic energy of an ejected ball will be sufficient to lift the stack. As I said previously, this is not self starting and will need to be spun up to an appropriate speed before it will self sustain.

2) The leverage ratio. We only want to lift the stack by one ball. So a ratio must be determined where maximum energy can be transferred in order to lift the stack by one ball.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:34 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Again, how do you get the ball up to wheel speed?

Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:19 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:
Again, how do you get the ball up to wheel speed?

Nothing says the ball needs to reenter the wheel at the perimeter. What is the "speed" of a spoke near the axle? How fast would the ball need to travel in order to sync up with the inner part of the wheel?

All this may be moot. The guys on ou.com have managed to locate the patent. It looks like the balls never escape the wheel. So much for my hypothesis. I'm pretty sure things like this have already been attempted, and I don't see what magic Abeling has incorporated that previous attempts were lacking.

Oh well, guess we'll find out eventually, whether or not it actually works. I hope my comments at least sparked a bit of creative thinking.

... back to my WhipMag. Smile

Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:08 pm PostPost subject:
Frank
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:
@Chrisbis,

Well done, Wink I think you are absolutely correct that the translator intended for us to read "Perpetual Motion" rather than 'Permanent Magnet'. Yep, makes perfect sense in that context Very Happy

So we are back to not knowing how he is doing what he claims to be doing, but Orffyreus may have perhaps known.

Cool

I'm sure Bessler couldn't possibly have known what he was doing - but he knew how to do it - and in my opinion did do it.

instaurare omnia in Christo

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:07 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@Frank,

That delves into an entirely different subject wrt time, death and resurrection we I will only barely touch on here. If Bessler having knowledge died in our past and is part of a future resurrection as prophesied, and if time itself has been mastered by that future date, then it could be said that he is already living and aware of his own past as well as Abelings. Therefore, we cannot be 'sure'.

@OC,

Regardless of where we allow the ball to reenter the wheel, it must be accelerated to the circumferential speed and it must be placed at a circumferential position of advantage (at 45 above the horizon) to be of practical use. So bringing it up to speed will require energy. If the falling ball is a loss system, then adding the extra load of wheel friction will also be a loss system.

Therefore, to achieve the 'impossible' as they say, we must split the field into two nonconservative parts and extract energy from one or both. Any method that can be devised that forces us to consider the path taken to correctly calculate the net force, will prove to be a means of separating the field into nonconservative parts. An example of this in magnetics is an expanding field. During the first parts of energizing a coil, when the field is exanding, it is nonconservative and its inductive effects on surround conductors will be nonconservative as well. Difficult to simulate with gravity, but not impossible.

The area between a ferromagnetic object and the planet is considered to be a portion of the gravitational field. If above this object we place an electromagnet sufficient to nullify the earths gravitational force we can cause a nonconservative reaction in the space where the object rests. As the electromagnet is energized, gravity will be present, but the dynamic nature of the nullification will force a path dependent situation. If our object moves during this period we can no longer treat g as conservative and must evaluate the path and integrate the force with respect to time for that position.

It is this unique environment that makes electric motors work. Thus far, we have not applied this to gravity for the production of energy.

Cool

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:40 am PostPost subject:
Frank
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: Sjack Abeling Gravity Wheel and the Worlds first Weight Power Plant
Reply #759 on: Today at 12:29:01 PM Quote Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Johann E. E. Bessler:

"A great craftsman would be that man who can 'lightly' cause a heavy weight to fly upwards! Who can make a pound-weight rise as 4 ounces fall, or 4 pounds rise as 16 ounces fall. If he can sort that out, the motion will perpetuate itself. But if he can't, then his hard work shall be all in vain."

That says it all doesn't it. Together with the Ezechiel quote

Ezechiel 1:16. And the appearance of the wheels, and the work of them was like
the appearance of the sea and the four had all one likeness: and their
appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the midst of a wheel.

It shows that Bessler beat Sjack to it by 300 years.

Think about it. What happens to the downwards force on the rack as the cogged weight climbs.

Where does this reaction finish up.

That's right, the ground. And that ain't going anywhere soon.

So the ground "sees" the wheel as having gotten (good Yankee word that Wink ) heavier.

But if the wheel's gotten heavier, something else must have gotten lighter, eh!

What?

The weights climbing up the rack.

Now go back and read that Bessler quote.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:32 pm PostPost subject:
Frank
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I can now see how the climbing weight relate to the adiabatic leg of the Carnot cycle.

The rotating weights are the rotating/orbiting atoms. These are transferring energy to the outside via the rack. so the linear (almost) rack is the pressure.

Not very difficult is it. Wink

Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:38 pm PostPost subject:
bano
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

[quote="Frank"]
Harvey wrote:
And therein lies -- William Shakespeare

Frank, post Uoy Your links with a pic's from album there is a picture with "Sean's Bubles" (one histerezis curve with accent in quadrant left-top and right bellow)
Help me to find Alsetolackin's data
because i find some improvement between
Ahileas Ligeras (Alme motor) devise
Mylowe motor
and Alsetolackin motor
these it is have 3 very similar charestiques:
a) stress short start time -about 1 -50 sec
b)loong work time with constant power Alme 50 hours-100wats
Mylowe 4 hours- 2wats
Alsetolackin 8 hours-11 wats
c)long time to slowli deselerating and stoping
Alme 50 hours
Mylowe 7hours
Alsetolackin 20 hours
unical difference between these 3 devise is just only one Alsetolackin devise have not any self demagnitezition by the running time
Please correct me if I am some wrong in these data.
I will and Harwey to see these time/power/diagrams
Thanks for any answer!!!

PINK FLOYD FOREVER
: from Bulgaria

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:08 pm PostPost subject:
Frank
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

[quote="bano"]
Frank wrote:
Harvey wrote:
And therein lies -- William Shakespeare

Frank, post Uoy Your links with a pic's from album there is a picture with "Sean's Bubbles" (one hysteresis curve with accent in quadrant left-top and right bellow)

I think your instinct about them all being the same is correct.

Here are the diagrams I still have on my photobucket folder

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/frank260332/Hshadingdifference.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/frank260332/Hminshading.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/frank260332/Hmaxshading-1.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/frank260332/Bshadingdifference.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/frank260332/Bminshading.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/frank260332/Bmaxshading.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/frank260332/Hmaxshading.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/frank260332/Steornbanana-1.jpg

I should ask OC about Al's data. He knows all about it.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:19 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Frank wrote:
I think your instinct about them all being the same is correct.

I should ask OC about Al's data. He knows all about it.

The Alme device and WhipMag both attempt to simultaneously utilize both fields of the magnets. The WhipMag has multiple rotating magnetic fields to achieve this. The Alme only uses one rotating magnetic field and one reciprocating magnetic field.

The Howard Johnson motor (and MyLow's replica) uses a completely different magnetic arrangement, which is actually much closer to being a static field interaction than either WhipMag or Alme.

As far as WhipMag data, there's tons of it for devices which do not demonstrate any exceptional behavior. For a really exciting replication, Al's is the only game in town, and there is precious little data available for it.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:13 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Racho,

I don't know what approach you are looking for here or what data you seek specifically, but if you can clarify I will do what I can.

Frank,
Ezekiel's vision is a symbolism of God's heavenly Government and it's ability to change direction instantly according to God's will. There is a specific reason that the wheels are lined around the outside with eyes. But can you discern what the energy is that pulses through space between the wheels?

In Besslers case he was simply describing a lever. However, it is important to remember that the weight that pushes down on the fulcrum is the sum of both weights at all times, lest one end or the other should rest on a separate point of contact and share the load. Remember then, there is only one final resting point in the wheel that can alter the weight it feels, the axle. If your lever can contact the axle and then not the wheel will get heavy and then not. By what power will you move your levers, and by what order will they progress? When the pendulum swings it does not stop unless it is obstructed. If it is obstructed, then its energy is transferred to the obstruction. If a fulcrum moves under a lever, and there are two cylindrical wheels one larger outside and one smaller inside that provide rests for the lever; then by rolling the fulcrum left and right under the lever, it will either put its pressure on the inner or outer wheel. If now, the fulcrum is supported by the axle then it's weight is not seen by the wheel. And if there is a crank and pendulum to move the fulcrum back and forth ... well you get the idea. Wink

Cool

Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:51 pm PostPost subject:
Frank
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Harvey wrote:
Racho,

I don't know what approach you are looking for here or what data you seek specifically, but if you can clarify I will do what I can.

Frank,
Ezekiel's vision is a symbolism of God's heavenly Government and it's ability to change direction instantly according to God's will. There is a specific reason that the wheels are lined around the outside with eyes. But can you discern what the energy is that pulses through space between the wheels?

In Bessler's case he was simply describing a lever. However, it is important to remember that the weight that pushes down on the fulcrum is the sum of both weights at all times, lest one end or the other should rest on a separate point of contact and share the load. Remember then, there is only one final resting point in the wheel that can alter the weight it feels, the axle. If your lever can contact the axle and then not the wheel will get heavy and then not. By what power will you move your levers, and by what order will they progress? When the pendulum swings it does not stop unless it is obstructed. If it is obstructed, then its energy is transferred to the obstruction. If a fulcrum moves under a lever, and there are two cylindrical wheels one larger outside and one smaller inside that provide rests for the lever; then by rolling the fulcrum left and right under the lever, it will either put its pressure on the inner or outer wheel. If now, the fulcrum is supported by the axle then it's weight is not seen by the wheel. And if there is a crank and pendulum to move the fulcrum back and forth ... well you get the idea. Wink

Cool

You have a very complicated way of looking at things, Harvey. I see it more simply than that. I suppose if I were in a classroom the teacher would insist I filled in the intermediate steps and didn't jump from one island to another without bothering about the sea in between.

If the ground experiences more weight then obviously something has to experience less weight. That is the cylinders cogging themselve up the rack.

I suppose its a bit like a joke. Either you see it or you don't

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:17 pm PostPost subject:
bano
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

ALme device look in these text:

"...Smaller versions may be limited, such as for a cell phone, but the repowering station for the batteries could be portable.

Achilles claims that his working prototype achieved a rotation speed of approximately 1500 rpm for fifteen minutes, and ran continuously at a slower speed for about 48 hours. At the end of that run, the motor box housing was hot to the touch, but not too hot to touch. The heat was most likely a function of friction from the various rollers and bearings. He applied a Schwinn bike generator to generate a few watts of electricity. He also tried stopping the shaft wearing leather garden gloves, and said that it was quite hard to stop the rotation.

In the process of removing the housing from the motor in preparation for its photographing and videotaping, the device broke. A second, more professionally-machined prototype was completed Feb. 19, 2009, but unfortunately did not work.
from these link:
http://peswiki.com/index.php/OS:Achilles_Ligeras'_Magnetic_Engine_(ALME)

Mylowe (between He too is say which his device is warming by working as Alme was say curve of start/working time is here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24993218@N07/3444798124/in/photostream/

Alsetolackin start/working time curve is here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24993218@N07/3445321739/

Steorn device is another things Steorn's says which them device is cooled by working they gawe not any data
about them device.Between to momths may be Steorn will open a box of confidentialn and will be giwe us more data
What is difference between Steorn and Alsetolackin?
Is Alsaetolakin alone without any Steorn's help realized his OC MPMM"
Why Alsetolackin not wryte more to help us? Or ...he won not we replicate his devise?
I do not known what to think.
Question

PINK FLOYD FOREVER

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:50 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Quickly, I will state the curve for Al's rig is not from running, but from 'nut-drop' tests.

Al did not comply to run his rig in a chilled environment to rule out thermal energy input, because he probably knows where the energy is coming from and that would be a wasted test. He does not want to help because it will eventually reveal the truth and for now he prefers the truth to remain hidden. At least that is the appearance he has created. Rolling Eyes

Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:30 am PostPost subject:
bano
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Most from "inventors" connect in it's devices outside with inside and at last they loss the peoples to believe them...
another "inventors" try to convince another peoples in some as"Yes the Holly grail is finded! " - some not very far from method of party members in Bg (in example.)

Not Harwey , please beliewe me : I am absoluthely convince - Alsetolackin device is real!!!
Yes Alsetolackin is good man with greath high knolidges in many scients area!!! He is litle genius!!!
But, but ....it is have one word in simmilar moments as this here:"He does not want to help because it will eventually reveal the truth and for now he prefers the truth to remain hidden. At least that is the appearance he has created"!!!

Similar point to thinking is not wery humannesty.

What we known here one for another?
Nothing!!! Nothing!!! and again nothing!
I am so match sad from these words"....truth and for now he prefers the truth to remain hidden. ..."
I or noanybody here are making some bad to Alsetolackin Even HediL !!!
Yes on my own I loss and tyme and money and power and friends in the name of this amazinest video in my life by to days.
It is not , absoluthely not justice to be so hard with unknowns peoples even dhey hawe a nic name bano or Harwey or OC or Frank etc
And now what? whe will life a long years wit one thinknes "Yes it is have OC MPMM but on account of M-r All we newer N E W E R will not see it in real life.
Yews one rare device one rare idea one rare user with name Alsetolackin and a rare selection group from beliewers whic not any shance to see a rare video in rare word -internet, as real device in their.s homes.
I not understand M-r Alsetolackin from Steorn is or is a lone another peoples which is build this device OC MPMM?
Frank plz giwe me a link in Photo bucket with Your pic's because a picture with saturation diagram with "Seans's bubles" is there and it is not in the pictures which You gave yestrday.Thanks!
I am disapointed in All
wery sorry.
But, but if a God give me any idea how and why I will explane here Just be in healtlh.

P.S.Harwey, Yes I was in an the end that whe newer will replicate OC MPMM. but it I will be insane if I not ask again You or some another user here to relate/narate word by word these links belowe May be Your Nephew even.. because I am a bit if deaf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAk3tiaOewo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jze97j7M1xo

I saw Axle's link with pictures in Photobucket and think which this is most important for me and group to hard ask for this !
Gentl;emans I am will be greath thanks at any relewant answer.
Your Racho from Bulgaria.

PINK FLOYD FOREVER

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:59 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I wonder if there is any decent speech to text software in the freeware area. Right now I don't have the time to 'close caption' the videos for you. But the summary is thsi:

Sean says "Hoax? We don't risk our reputation and the company's existence on something we don't beleive in"

The technician says 'I am surprised, there seems to be a gain, I'm sure of it.'

Both comments summarized and paraphrased.

That is I guess the important gist of it.

Neutral

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:29 am PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I posted a Concept animation over at ou.com.

Nobody seems to think the idea I posted earlier is worth modeling. So I took the time to do a crude GIF animation to illustrate what I was trying to say. There are several ways to improve on the design. It is not self-starting, but needs to be spun up fast enough that balls will exit with enough momentum to get back up to the top.

There are several ways this design can be optimized. Adding some padding where the ball hits the hub will allow more kinetic energy transfer from the impact. The number of spokes might need to be changed to allow the ball more (or less) time to hit. The tube or chute curvature and length can be modified to shorten the path back to the top, could even be shortened more so the balls impact the spokes horizontally instead of vertically.

It's just a start. It should be modeled with a reliable simulation software to see just how feasible it really is.

Bessler Wheel Concept animation
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=get267

or, if you prefer:
http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll48/overconfident/Bessler/?action=view&current=Bessler.gif

Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:27 am PostPost subject:
Frank
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

bano wrote:

Frank plz giwe me a link in Photo bucket with Your pic's because a picture with saturation diagram with "Seans's bubles" is there and it is not in the pictures which You gave yestrday.Thanks!

Sorry Bano. I deleted a lot of diagrams when I left the SPUD. I don't have any other relevant ones.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:27 am PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

@OC, maybe you can use a baseball launcher as a primary starting point. At least those have mastered the art of accelerating the ball up to rim speed. How about using that to raise the ball as high as possible and then let it filter through a series of wheels on the way down to generate the power needed to relaunch it back to the top?

Or how about this, have a giant wheel, say 50 feet tall that can have a bunch of balls around the perimeter. And lets say it has a huge mass of several tons, but perfectly balanced so we can use its inertia to generate energy for the launcher. Now we just launch straight up the center and let them ride the ferris wheel back down. Since its all on one side, it just keeps the thing going. Now for every ball we take off, we launch another to the top, but the wheel can move slowly and it is so large that the time it takes for the balls to go from top to bottom is way longer than what the launcher takes to send 'em back to the top.

So, lets say we have a launcher that can lauch 3" balls. We can get 314 of those around the rim of a 50 foot wheel on just one half. Let's say the balls weigh 8oz. So we get 157 lbs of total off center weight applying various torques around the wheel. The balls at the top and bottom apply zero torque and the ball at 90 appies 8oz of torque. So you could distribute the torque from 8oz to zero for 78 balls and then add that up and double it to find the combined torque. And lets say the perimeter of the wheel is moving 9.8 meters per second (just to pick a random number out of the air). So now, it will need ~129 balls a second. That's moving too fast, we'll have to put a load on it and slow it down...let's use a generator as a load. So, how much energy can we extract? I come up with about 39.12Lbs of torque, but remember that is a 25 foot arm so that is 978 foot lbs of force on the genset. Not bad. But is it enough to make some electricity to run the launcher? Well that will take some more calcs. A typical Genset requires 3600 RPM and so we would have to do some gearing with a power to speed trade off. I think we will find, that even with the huge leverage advantage and time averaging we are still going to be at COP < 1. To prove it we need to find out what kind of launcher we can derive that will launch an 8oz ball 50 feet straight up so that it arrives at the wheels perimeter velocity and just slips into place.

As regards your Gif, nice work. But the wheel must perform work on the ball to get it up to speed and that work has a cost. Did you see my calcs on the other fellows work? There really isn't much difference in the energy charts. But I do like your thinking outside the box. The quad energy for double rpm is an interesting thing.

Cool

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:58 pm PostPost subject:
bano
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Frank wrote:
bano wrote:

Frank plz giwe me a link Thanks!

Sorry Bano. I deleted a lot oones.

Not problem I succesful created a full backup of Your Link with all pictures
If You Want I can send all U need I finded a picture and posted it on my treadh yesterday.

PINK FLOYD FOREVER

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:02 pm PostPost subject:
Frank
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

bano wrote:
Frank wrote:
bano wrote:

Frank plz giwe me a link Thanks!

Sorry Bano. I deleted a lot oones.

Not problem I succesful created a full backup of Your Link with all pictures
If You Want I can send all U need I finded a picture and posted it on my treadh yesterday.

Well done. Very Happy

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:56 pm PostPost subject:
chrisbis
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

All

Been off forum for a while- travelling work wise. Shocked

Take it with the reveal of the patent for Sjack Abeling, that everyone pretty well understands how his suggested device works Question

Gladly, tho not disparagingly, i can say thats it nowt like the device i penned some two years ago, and that gives me the momentum to now go ahead and make a model (working) of my idea, and post on here for u guys(and gals) to articulate ur comments on such- keep u posted. Wink

What strangles my neck with the Abeling device, is how much work the weights have to perform as they are riding up the second inclinded surface of the inside 'track' to enable them to traverse upwards towards the starting position!

The device is in fact like two rolling surfaces, where the addition work (PM)
is achieved by borrowing a shorter return path for the journey rollers/mass, from an addition surface plane. The trade off will be the frictional losses surfered in the exchange of momentum from the main wheel to the additional track, and how much vector force is required by the main wheel to 'push uphill, the mass to the top.
Its a very different set up than OC's idea, as nothing is going to fall, and nothing leaves the system. Its all contained within its self, but in a way is a very clever cheat on itself, in the way and manner of the weights/masses disposal.

I sincerley hope it works for Sjack (im imagining its pronounced Jack really),
and he gets this first giant generator working as described.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THC9mx7W1hg&feature=channel_page's ....replication is looking quite good, tho i cant understand y he has not put a central shaft thro the rig as the weights don't need to pass anywhere near the central area even if the second sliding surface (detailed No 13 in the patent), is on the inside of the main wheel or the outside.

Looks like simple one to replicate for those who like making toys, im not meaning to be insincere Cool - be interesting to see what the final working model looks like in terms of the friction surfaces, roller design and the speed of transfer from the main wheel to the second 'exchange' surface.

Can anyone do a moving animation of such a device- would be cool to see, u fancy doing that sometime Magluvin with Anim8 Question

Hope everyone had good easter break!! Razz

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:07 pm PostPost subject:
Frank
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Gosh! it's over 3 years since I last posted on this Sjack Abeling thread.

Anyway, it's about time it was raised from the dead so I'm crossposting the following from the Community Buzz Forum of BesslerWheel.com.

Quote:
I think I now understand the science that explains this wheel, why it works and why we've heard no more about it.

If I'm right then it certainly rotates continuously. The problem with it is that its power to weight ratio is so pathetic that its of no commercial value compared with other free sources of energy such as wind and sunlight.

What I've realised is this.

The Brachistochrone curve is the slope of fastest descent. It is also the slope of fastest ascent. Any other curve such as a quartic for example will be slower and put more reaction energy into a descending body. Conversely it will take more reaction energy out of an ascending body.

If we combine a quartic with a Brachistochrone so that the body descends the quartic and ascends the cycloid then there should be extra energy available at the top of the ascent. In other words the body will rise higher than it fell.

It is easy to devise a control experiment to demonstrate this.

First one uses a cycloid for descent and ascent and sees how far the body rises.

Then one replaces the cycloid descent slope with a quartic say.

If the body rises higher than in the control experiment then the hypothesis is proved.

And if you think about it, either Abeling was telling porkies or he did get continuous motion. The existence of his patent and the fact we have heard nothing more strongly suggests to me he was telling the truth.

The full thread can be found here

View previous topic
View next topic