Axle manner

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8   Page 8 of 8

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:10 pm PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hey Ax
Im gunna give it a go next week. I ordered all the stuff. Ill let ya know what haps.
I think there are a lot of variables to play with. Like if the reed is in a position that it only reacts to one pole of the mag. which pole is it? If we flip it the other way does it react to the other pole. etc. I believe the charge and push all happen on one side of the magnet, not the other. The cap in the circuit the way it is, will not hold the charge long enough to wait for the other side of the magnet, so a stored charge from on pole to the next isnt happening. I think the mag pole passes the coil, reed closes, opens then loads up the cap then the charge flows back to push the mag. The function of each coil Im not sure of till I try and test. Either both pull charge and 1 pushes, or 1 pulls charge and 2 push. That diode determines that. But without testing with direction of the mag and position of the reed, and which coil is which, need to be played with.
Ive gota try though

Mags

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:52 pm PostPost subject:
Harvey
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Sorry, I've been lax in following here - all that RA stuff. Have you guys made the 4K turn version from the first video?

I have the mirror and switch, but I couldn't find my spherical magnets and the local stores did not have them Sad . And I need to get more wire I think for that many turns.

My switch is a single pole double throw, so I can have that as a switching option, IOW one coil on with the other off so you can play them back and forth between each other.

The current in an inductor is 180 phase shifted from the current in a capacitor. So if they are in series, the current is put back in phase. A very large spike generated by the collapse of the primary being dumped into the secondary will tend to have little power because the voltage and current are offset. But when that is put in series with the capacitor it is made available. The power comes when the voltage and current are in phase with each other.

Cool

Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:29 am PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hey Harvey
Ya may want to try some other reeds also. Im seeing that they have many variants as to the freq that they operate. How quickly and how easily the work can make a difference between working and not. The circuit is all we have. The coil dimensions are a guess, the position of the reed is a guess other than Z's vid, and the reed specs may need to be tried from one to another just to get it to work and/or make it better.
I was reading something that tube rectifiers are recommended for some stuff. Do you know if tube type have a voltage drop like a diode? There would be quite a loss due to heaters. I wonder how they ran cold cathodes? I dont remember on that from school.

Mags

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:37 pm PostPost subject:
Magluvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Whats with the .org
Is this really the same fizzx?

Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:01 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Magluvin wrote:
Whats with the .org
Is this really the same fizzx?

Same forum, just a domain name change.

The forum was originally using the "fizzx.com" domain name on loan. It was owned by somebody else, who recently decided they wanted their domain for some other purpose.

DRichardson, the guy who runs this forum was able to register the "fizzx.org" domain. Last night he managed to switch over from .com to .org, and it looks like he managed to keep everything intact.

Thanks DR!

OC

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:28 am PostPost subject:
Axle
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi all !!

Am moving from this (long ago dead and buried without a proper funeral) WhipMag thread over to the 'General Steorn Discussion' thread.

Axle

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:26 pm PostPost subject:
overconfident
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Axle wrote:
Hi all !!

Am moving from this (long ago dead and buried without a proper funeral) WhipMag thread over to the 'General Steorn Discussion' thread.

Axle

Sorry to hear that. We could use you here as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic FizzX.org Forum Index | WhipMag Discussion/Development
View previous topic
View next topic